These are the things I am thankful for this week-
1. 2 movies in 1 week... it is almost too good to be true! I almost fulfilled one of my biggest dreams to see one movie right after the other. I went to Mama Mia with my boyfriend neighbors & then The Dark Knight with my main man. A great time WAS had by all!
2. All three of my kiddies home! Jacks has been in St. George with my family- living the party life of a rockstar... house boat trips to Lake Powell, Poolside Pizza Parties, Sleepovers with cousins, and wearing the same pair of athletic shorts for a week solid! SWEET! It was so good to get Jacks home... I did threaten my kids if they start to fight... there will be hell to pay!
3. Late night projects with my friends that turn into a giggle fest... I just got home from a little late night apron. glitter fest with my cute friend & neighbor Sandi. We laughed at nothing, drank Diet Pepsi and had a great time getting a few little project done. I made a darling apron and a few glitter cups.... so fun and she is such a great friend!
4. BASEBALL IS OVER! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Until next January I don't have to worry about anything baseball and don't have go to anymore baseball games until next spring. They are fun ... but I am soooo glad to move on to the next season.
5. FOOTBALL season is here! Nothing like football to usher in my FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE season... FALL! I love watching Mitch play football, love going to football games, and I don't even mind watching it on TV... plus Super Bowl Sunday is always an occasion to have a party.
6. My Family... Let's get cheezy for a minute... I am thankful for them probably because it is 12:30 a.m. and they are all asleep...perfect angels! I really am glad that I have such a great husband and that I have the opportunity to be a mom to 3 pretty darn good kids.
7. I am also thankful that I did the 7 peaks thing today and DON"T have to go again this summer to ANY waterpark. I am a little freaked out by all the bare feet and stale water and people at the water park. Too many bottoms in little pools. I guess I am a waterpark freakshow ( in more ways than one...have you seen me in a bathing suit?) but I do not love going there. I went, I rode, I am done for this year! Yahoo!
8. I am VERY THANKFUL for all the blurkers who were threatened by my bossy self and left me a comment on my Mama Mia post. You all rock.... Now- go ahead leave me another one. Thanks a ton! See you give me an inch and I take a foot! Thanks again... I'll visit you and comment too!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
These are the things I am thankful for this week-
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Monday, July 28, 2008
My mouth is completely raw from eating sunflower seeds and I about had a sun stroke- all for the love of the game. This past weekend (July 24-26) we were in Park City and Heber for the Tournament of Champions baseball tournament. Mitch is on a competition baseball team, the Utah Crushers- a brand new team that has only played this year. We lost our first game in extra innings, and then won the other three so we secured a spot in the championship game on Saturday. I think we were a little tired, for we kinof beat ourselves... the score was 3-3 for most of the game and then we allowed a home-run on errors. Yes... the Bad News Bears came out to play for an inning. We ended up losing 3-4 and coming in 2nd in the whole tournament- which really is awesome considering it is the best teams in Utah and Idaho that are invited. It has been a fun team to play on- the other families are tons of fun and we have a great time. The kids started playing in January- hitting and practicing in an indoor facility. We have played several tourny's and double headers every Saturday. It will seem crazy not to have to play baseball! Mich is a good player and has a lot of fun with the other kids on the team. I can tell summer is winding down.... not by looking at the calendar or feeling the 102 degree weather... I can tell that fall is right around the corner because Mitch starts football today! Yes... he is going to be practising for the best sport of all starting today! I love football season and in our family football is KING! Jacks never wants to play because he doesn't want to get "creamed". So off of one sport and on to another... love the life of being a mom to boys! Play Ball!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Posted by Amy at 9:34 AM
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
I know that Mindi is a little bit like a magpie or trout or raccoon and likes anything shiny so I took a page out of Tonia's book and made a sparkle cup for she and Tiburon. We were all pimped out & drinking in style. It was so good to see Holly again... she is the queen of winning my apron and I think she is just the cutest friend ever. It was also good to finally meet her sister, Misty. I had such a great time and Rachel was good enough to write everyone down and link their blogs so here is her blog and the total hook-up on that. Thanks to Kami...the blogging photographer for taking all the pics... I never remember a camera. A great time was had by all!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Friday, July 18, 2008
1. I am so glad that I married someone who likes me to be me...the real thing.
2. I should have taken alot more pictures in my young married days when I thought I was fat because now I really am and all those " fat" photos look pretty good!
3. I didn't think I could have loved my man any more than the day I married him...but I do! He just makes me love him more each day!
4. I am so glad that we have friends that have been with us since the early married days... it has been fun to all be newlyweds, have kids, and now just have fun together.( Mindi..Kamari)
5. I am glad that Caylor makes me laugh... I still think he is so dang funny!
6. I am still trying to get my man to like going to the movies...I guess all I've got is time and if that is his only flaw... I've got it pretty good.
7. I am happy that my husband taught me to do laundry ( yes, I had a husband when I learned how to wash clothes)
8. My three kids are great... I love being a mom and having such a fun family.
9. I am glad that Caylor is such a hands on dad... he is a better mom than I am.
10. I like being with Caylor... going out, going on vacation, or just hanging out at home- I would rather be with him than anyone else!
11. I am so fortunate that I can be a full-time mom. Caylor works so hard so I can stay home with the kids. I need to remember how fortunate I really am!
12. I am glad that since I got married I don't have to keep my checkbook in my head anymore... it is a good thing I married a finance guy!
13. I am soooo glad Caylor's mom taught him how to clean, iron, and help out. He is such a great guy to get in and help me do whatever needs to be done.
14. I am so glad that Caylor finished raising me. I think when he got me I was really spoiled and high maintenance...now I am just a little spoiled and kindof high maintenance.
15. I am glad that " I only liked Caylor because of what he looked like" and he turned out to be MUCH MUCH MUCH more than just a pretty face and HOT bod... He is a great guy with a wonderful personality, a wicked sense of humor, and everything I could have asked for and MORE! ( The " " is an inside joke from an old boyfriend)
16. I am so lucky to be married to my very best friend! ( I know a 100 on a 1-10 cheese-o-meter)
Thursday, July 17, 2008
The tables were set up outside in the backyard... these pictures were taken right as the party started..sorry there aren't any when it was dark with the torches and the fun going on!
Posted by Amy at 12:01 AM
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Today I am hungover... and the strongest thing I have had to drink in years is Diet Pepsi! I am coming off of a "runner" on the grandest scale. I have hardly logged into my computer and have read NOTHING from you... I am behind. I hope all three of you that read my blog don't get tired of reading nothing new and having no comments from me... I am going to be blogging strong tomorrow! I have so much to show and tell...Better Midler and Vegas, the Hawaiian Luau surprise party, and Cousins gone Wild. I guess those are little teasers...but I have had a fabulous 10 days- I have NEVER laughed so hard that many days in a row or stayed up past 2:00 a.m. that many nights in a row. I even took pictures! Until tomorrow... Peace out!
Posted by Amy at 1:39 PM
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
1. Please put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. You must nominate 7 fellow bloggers for this award.
4. Add links to the recipients.
5. Leave a comment so the recipients know they have received an award
I am sorry this took me a while to get together... If you've already been nominated...sorry. THere were SOOOOOOO many other blogs I check out each day, but Tanja nominated some and there were only7.... Thanks to all of you that rock my morning by writing things that crack me up, make me think, make me happy, and make me want to be a better person! Play along if you can...
Posted by Amy at 6:36 PM
Thursday, July 10, 2008
This is what I am thankful for this week...
1. Good friends & Family- I have had ALOT of company this summer and I am so glad that my great friends and family can come stay with me and my little family. I try to be a good hostess and I really love the excitement and fun... THis week I have had my aunt and cousin staying & next week I have my mom, her best friend and her 2 daughters coming( they are also my cousins)... it is going to be a party.
2. Lagoon Passes- Yesterday we went to Lagoon with my cousins and I am so glad that my family has passes... Where else can you see such a spectacle of odd people. It just cracks me up to go there and people watch.... I didn't think frightmares was going on yet?
3. Diet Pepsi... the nectar of the Gods! I am making some of Tonia's glitter cups and they make a really good drink taste GREAT!
4. My faithful commenters... Thanks guys for validating my little existence in the blogosphere... I have been a little crazy running my bed and breakfast so I haven't really been a very good commenter lately... I will do better, but until then- Thanks a ton for leaving me comments!
5. My Girls WEEKEND! This is going to be it for me this week... I am flying to Vegas tomorrow EARLY to hook up with sistas and the mama! PARTY! I will try to take my camera- I usually forget to document such funness ( I just made that word up). Think of me... Partying like a rockstar with 4 other crazies! Peace OUT!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Posted by Amy at 7:15 AM
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Today I have 2 shout outs...
The first one is from my blogging buddy Devri, the queen of the custom blog! She is giving a surprise survival kit ( I don't know what she is going to help us survive... that is the mystery fun). Go on over to her blog and leave a comment.
The next shout out is my friend Suzanne is starting to do cute hair accessories for girls! Check out her online boutique, the pretty petal, for all the little girl glam!
Posted by Amy at 9:12 AM
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Posted by Amy at 11:12 PM
Friday, July 4, 2008
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
I got this idea from Holly's blog and I thought it was really cute . I know that there are only about 3 of you that know me from real life...but we'll give it a try. This is how you play...
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.
All those people that really know- me speak up...now is not the time for blurking.
Posted by Amy at 5:33 PM
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Posted by Amy at 12:11 AM