Saturday, May 17, 2008

The saddest day of our lives...

Wednesday night will go down in our history as one of the saddest ever! Jackson's little friend, Ty, sadly took his own life. I know that I 10 year old probably didn't really think that it would end... that he would really die. I got a call at 10:30 saying that he was at the hospital and that it didn't look good. Sadly at 2:00 a.m. Thursday morning he died. His mom called me at 6:15 and that is a phone call I never want to have again and I hope you never have it either. Telling Jackson his very best friend was dead was the worst thing I have ever done. Explaining how and trying to talk about why was horrific. Jacks is taking it okay, but I am sure we will have more emotion as time goes on. Ty was the most darling, happy, polite, responsible, kind, sweet little boy on Earth and he will totally be missed! Jackson was so lucky to have 3 of his 10 years- what a darling friend and what a darling family. This is something that has rocked our family and I am sure we will feel this pain for a long time. I am so sad for his mom... she is the cutest- spunky little lady! She is a good mom and a great person. I know this is a sad and terrible post- a huge reason I haven't written anything for the past few days. A weekend that was suppossed to be such a blast was just crushed by this sad news. Pray for the Kammeyer/Smith family. My darling friend, Tonia, didn't even know this family and she has given them a "The Quilter Girl" lap quilt...she just thought Rebekah ( Ty's mom) would need to be wrapped in love. SO DARLING...People are so good.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very sad Amy. Please tell Jacks that we are thinking of him. It breaks my heart for the mom. She is going to need a ton of support over the next several years.

The Patrona said...

We're so sorry to hear this. Our thoughts and prayers are with both of your families.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

That is so sad, I am so sorry to hear that.

Mindi said...

soooo sad. soooo sorry.
i hope you are holding up okay--let me know if there is anything you need from me.
love you

Andrea W. said...

This has been such a heart-breaking time. We have been praying for this family. These are just not the conversations I want to be having with my 9 year old. I'm so sorry for Jackson's loss!

Mia said...

Amy, my heart breaks for you and your son and especially Ty's family. We are remembering them and you all in our prayers. Much love and hugs.

Holly H. said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry for their family and yours. I can't imagine having to go through something like that.

Holly H. said...

Amy, I don't mean to pry, but is it ok to say how he died? I haven't been able to stop thinking about it and am wondering if there is something I need to talk to my boys about avoiding... If not, I completely understand. I hope your family is doing ok!