Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ticked- Off Tuesday

Now... I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but as I read my past posts... it seems to be a little cheezy and really unrealistic. I am totally sifting everything in my life and blogging only the happy- June Cleaver stuff. My friend, Collette, and I were laughing about how we couldn't post a Thankful Thursday last week because we were both having nervous breakdowns. Don't get me wrong- I am for the most part a happy person with a pretty good life, but sometimes... I just gotta vent! Here it is...Ticked-Off Tuesday! As Tiburon would say, " feel free to play along"...I am going to vent for a minute, and I am going ot limit myself to 5 things...Here we go!

1- #$%#&^@- I am pretty darn mad that I have been working my "A" off at Boot Camp and not much "A" has been worked off. I went to a party the other night and there was this TWIG that was snarfing eveything she could see- love that she's still wearing a size 2-NOT!!! I kept watching to see if she went to the bathroom to barf it back up, but no dice...she stayed in the room way longer than it takes to digest food. I want to be one of those people that can eat ANYTHING and be little. Crap!

2- !#%**#@- I hate laundry! Why do my little lovelies bring up a full hamper JUST when I get the laundry done? THey change clothes faster than those tricksters that impressed the heck out of "The Hoff" on America's gpt Talent. I am going to start making my little piggies do their own laundry so they know how bad I hate it! My laundry room is the pit of my life! I want one that looks like the homeshow...all perfect and clean and tons of storage...Oh yeah... I could have a prinstine laundry room if it wasn't for all that laundry!

3- &#%$*- Let's now talk about the weather. Any of you living in the South end of this state need not listen ( and it warms my heart that you all are going to be jealous of our weather soon enough) I am so sick of this warm/ cold thing that is going on... I don't have enough closet space to house all four seasons at once! To think that it 3 weeks it will be summer vacation- I'm still waiting for Spring Break.

4- %%#!*@- I just met with one of Mitch's teachers and she was soooooo weird! I have pretty high expectations for Middle /High school teachers...I was one for 10 years. She didn't even look me in the eye and she babbled on in Greek...well that is what it sounded like to me. I left her room not knowing one thing more than I did when I arrived. I don't know how to help Mitch succeed in that class and I am going to be more understanding when he comes home and says he doesn't know what is going on in that class. I don't think the teacher even does!

5- $%&*@- Manic Morning... I have got to be to the zoo... a nail appointment...a special luncheon for my marathon running friends ( no... I AM SOOOO NOT A RUNNER, I am their athletic supporter) and baseball games all before 4:30...Not to mention that they are on one end of the valley to the other end of the next valley! Calgon...take me away! Gotta run...so I'll stop griping until next time...ADIOS

11 comments:

Collette said...

Slow down sister, I know you have a lot to do but get your crap correct, your ticked off Thurs and Thankful Tue don't work! Thanks for venting, good to know your life isn't perfect and neither are those kids of yours!

Andrea W. said...

Bravo for keeping it real! I have an aunt that loves laundry she thinks of each member of her family lovingly as she folds each of their clothes. Wow, laundry is the bane of my existence. I feel your pain. I also feel the work hard and lose very little pain. sigh.

Holly H. said...

This is what makes you so cute Amy! You're a real person... thank goodness! Great post! You made me laugh today. :)

Mia said...

We all need to vent sometimes. I used to love laundry... then I had to do it for other people.

Anonymous said...

Great Blog!! I have to tell ya that my kids pretty much do their own laundry! One kid has folding for the whole week and I just have to wash, but because I have never been much of a laundry conniseur they have had to learn to wash their own too. Sometimes when I'm feeling like an aweful mom I just have to remember how close they are to leaving home and how well they will do because they have been taught. I just had to learn to swallow my psycotic ways with folding and everything if I wanted their help. Come on, I can see Mitch and Jacks putting in their own jeans!!! Oh and by the way, the skiiny bi-otch at the party can bite me!!!!

hannie bailey said...

Am
You make me feel more real. It's true, life isn't all about flower blossoms and rose petals damnit! So, let hear it.. ALL!! Thanks for sharing. And ps, i did the dishes at age 4 and on, and my own laundry starting at age 10... no joke. Get those kids a workin'!

Mindi said...

why did my google reader not tell me you put this on???
i am a little ticked myself about that.

listen, this is nothing that a bottle of pills and a fifth of vodka won't solve...
(i can just see ted now, flashing the "v for vodka" sign.....good times.)

i like ticked off tuesday.
i can get on board.

daisy said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I zipped through Thorn Birds, couldn't put it down. It's funny you said you though I was a reader. I've never thought of myself as that at all... I guess until now. I have read a lot lately. My kids are at good ages and play with each other or friends all day so I find myself reading on the couch amid the chaos.

I enjoyed this post. It's nice to vent a little and it's good to read other people have a non-perfect life like me.

Anonymous said...

Don't be a hater!! I can't help it if I have an active metabolism. Besides, I would say I'm more of a 3-4 than a 2!!

Courtney said...

I so hear ya!

{Annie N.} said...

I love this post! I share your feelings for #1. I too skip over the crappy details of my life, well except for the ones that I laugh about later. I'll post them.