Thursday, May 22, 2008

WOW!

What an emotional day! Yesterday was Ty's funeral...what a surreal experience. His mom, Rebekah, spoke and did a fantastic job. She is amazing and has been so strong. I know she has crazy, sad days ahead for a long time...but her message was that instead of dwell on what she is going to miss...she is going to cherish and be thankful for all that she had. She also said that we all needed to learn from the way Ty lived not by the way he died. Everyone truly believes it was an accident and that he really didn't understand what he was doing. His mom said that she KNOWS that he was just as surprised to end up on the other side as she was that he was there. I did the display for the mortuary and he was such a darling boy, larger than life! I am putting some photos of him and a photo of the display. So many people have reached out, e-mailed, and I know thought about his constantly since they heard. This was a terrible thing, but I believe the healing will begin!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your display is beautiful and thanks for sharing the pictures of Ty. Such a sad event, one that I will never forget. It's going to be a tough road ahead for everyone and I wish you all comfort. Ty's mom is lucky to have you there for her.

Mindi said...

of course those displays are above and beyond--that is your talent, amy, and how cool that you could do that one last thing for ty and his family. you gotta feel good about that.

sorry you've had to go thru such a terrible time--i love you!

Collette said...

wow is right! I hope you are doing ok, such a cute boy-how comforting it is that we know he is in a better place...

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I really feel for you and your families. This is such a sad story. My friend Sara (who was at my baby shower last night) lives up by you and she was talking about Ty's funeral, she said it was so neat. I wonder if you know her. Her name is Sara Judkins.

Holly H. said...

The displays are gorgeous. I'm sure the family really appreciated it! I hope you're doing ok.

Andrea W. said...

Amy, you did a beautiful job. I'm sure that meant so much to Ty's mom.