Tuesday, June 10, 2008

...And I am not that old!

There once was an old woman who lived in a shoe.... You know the rest of the rhyme! This past weekend was a little crazy- I had 11 kids at my house. Our great friends, The Kemps, were in town and they have 4 kids...my three kiddos, my nephew came to visit, and then my mom had to bring me the rest of the grandkids she was supposed to be tending, but due to the sad situation with the Petersen/Newbys she had to ditch. 11 children! I had an aunt that had 13 kids...whew! The really good thing was my trusty sister-wife, Kamari was here and we tag teamed the domestic resposibilities. I did not make her pull weeds...this time she had to help with child crowd control. We piligged the heckout of the weekend. We even took them out in public! In separate cars of course...nobody I know owns a 15 passenger van. We went to the movie and even braved Lagoon with 11 kids on a Saturday. CRAZY! It was a fun time... now I am off to the land of milk and honey to return the last 2 children, catch some rays, and have a great time with my sisters. 11 is a crazy amount of kids... It makes the five I've still got seem easy and my own three will be a breeze!

19 comments:

tammy said...

Wow, the movies AND Lagoon? You are brave!

Holly H. said...

11 kids??? I can't even imagine attempting that! You're a trooper!

Devri said...

Let's see, You and your friend had a 2 to 11 ratio, I deal daily with a 1 to 7 ratio, Hmmm not to brag, but Ha-
I still win, were they all young or were some older to help out. Great you took them to lagoon to keep busy though, couldn't emagine, 11 in the house reckin' the place!!!!!

Andrea W. said...

You are a GOOD Woman!

samiam said...

Here I am coming back a week later to tell you how wonderful and witty you are! You are looking especailly radiant today! Wow your hair looks great have did you have it cut? Colored? You have the cutest kids! I could go on all day but now I have to pop your bubble... Although these are all true I am sure - This is me entering for the 3rd time!!!

Anonymous said...

And your OFF.....to a great summer it sounds like!! So unheard of for you to tend and even entertain 11 kids! Where's the pictures? I want proof. Is the land of milk and honey Sta George?

tiburon said...

11 kids?!?! That sounds INSANE!!

Hey, you won a prize on my blog. I need your address

Anonymous said...

11 kiddos, that's about seven more than I think I could handle. Ha-ha. Sounds like fun times.

Collette said...

You are a rockstar, 11 kids and maybe only 1 meltdown? You did good, you deserve to go and have some fun! So nice of you to watch your sisters kids while she had a little vacay!

CanCan said...

You're my hero!

Mia said...

You are amazing!!! 11 kids is a lot of work and you took them out of the house which is double amazing. Have fun with your sisters :)

Dixie & Anne Leavitt Family Events said...

Amy Girl- you are my hero! I don't think I could have pulled that one off as gracefully as you. I am sure a good time was had by all! What a good Momma!

Anonymous said...

I've got to say, I don't think I would have stayed had I known what kind of a weekend it was going to be!!! BUT,it wasn't really as bad as it sounds, we actually had a great time. We always do when we come to stay and play with our bff's the Dalley's. Thanks for having us- AGAIN! Sista-wife you ROCK!

simply kris said...

amy-eash! i want my 3 to go for long visits and pull my hair out when the friends come for an hour or 2! bless you and your ability to juggle.

Denise said...

I'm coming back a week later to tell you I can't even believe you took care of 11 kids. You are one brave lady.

The Patrona said...

I think you need a little shot of Patron(a), after that weekend.

kourtney said...

Way too go! Next time, I have four more to come visit their favorite Aunt Amy!

tammy said...

I'm still here....just so you know....thinking 'must win apron'

Devri said...

Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron,
Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron, Apron,

Just thinkin' about my Apron...