Friday, September 19, 2008

Fabulous Fall...

There is nothing better than sitting out in the cooling afternoon reading a book and early Fall is the perfect time to get some reading in before the craziness of the holidays. I have listed a few of my favorite reads... things I have recently read ( #3- I've read twice)
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger is a great read. It is a book that hooked me early and I couldn't put down. A great read. I listened to it on CD and it was AMAZING! The person that read it was great and the plot is really great! LOVE THIS BOOK!

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak- LOVED THIS BOOK. It is about a little girl in Nazi Germany that uses books to make sense of the world around her. She steals books as mementos of her life. The strange thing about this book is that "Death" is the narrator- it took me a minute or two to figure this out...but it is a heartbreakingly great book!


This is my favorite book! It isn't a deep read...not something that is going to help you solve the world's mysteries or problems- but a great way to spend a fall afternoon! Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella is the first book in a whole series about the hysterical life of Becky Bloomwood. This is a little bit of British humor that will just crack you up. I am sad that I have already read the entire series...for I would love to be just meeting Becky for the first time. This is laugh out loud goodness!
I hope you really do sit down, enjoy the cooling weather, and open a good book!
Have a great weekend!





22 comments:

blah, blah by lindsey said...

thank you so much for sharing..i am always looking for good books.

Jenny Young said...

I'm a blurker! I did a search for Judy Wayment because I was wondering if she had a blog. She is my mom's 1st cousin so I am lucky enough to be related to her. I loved your tribute to her. She is amazing! You have a fun blog and some darling decorating ideas. . . .

tammy said...

Thanks! I am always looking for good books and new authors to read.

Anonymous said...

Reading is the bomb! I have read so many books in the past year. I'll have to pick up a copy of the "shopaholic" one after I read the other 7 or 8 that I am trying to get to! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, it's Tasha and oh how I wish I were just meeting Becky for the first time too. I love those books and have to admit I am thinking about reading them again! Thanks for the great ideas!

Chanda said...

Great picks - I love all those. Did you know they are donig a Shopaholic movie? It comes out in feb I think. Looks hilarious.

Chanda said...

Did you know I really CAN spell doing?

Over The Tipsy Top Design said...

Blogging makes me depressed. I'm a confident person but I don't think its good for my self esteem. Somehow I got to a blog, they had my glitter cup pictures, cups I had made, and their link brought me to your site!!! I know I'm computer stupid but I've done a lot of blogging this week, how is this fun? I just look at everyone elses fabulous lives and accomplishments and feel like a loser. I'm done, I'm going back to the good old fashioned stuff, books and gossip magazines!!!! You better call and check on me, I'm going to get a diet coke (in a glitter cup I invented!) then proceed to go into a coma in my bed!!! Maybe I'll grab Confessions of a Shoaholic, Becky always makes me feel better -- her life is a WRECK!!!!

Love ya, Tonia

Over The Tipsy Top Design said...

Oh for hell sakes I just checked to make sure I posted my comment right because I'm such a computer genius and my comment went right underneath the girl who has contributed to the coma!!!!! Her glitter cup link brings people to your site as well!!

I'm going to bed!!! But never fear i love you and will soon resurface from the coma!!!!

Holly H. said...

I love that you did this because I need some new books to read! BTW, did you see that the Shopaholic movie is coming out soon? Wanna make it a GNO? :)

Devri said...

Amy I love you, but I don't love books, but those stars make it better. So I hope your getting rich, and this comment is random...

hmmmm

Mia said...

I have read one and two and loved them. I will have to check out three!

Andrea W. said...

Amy, thanks for the recommendations. I just finished a book and am craving a good new one. Btw, cute cute stars!

Shannon said...

I need to read all three of these. I have heard great things about them! If only I didn't need any sleep, I could get so much done!

Creations from my heart said...

Oh thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your Halloween decor and your house is beautiful. I am going to put my stuff up next weekend. It takes longer when you blog 'cause you have to take photos as you go along. I'm going to put you on my check out your blog list. I emailed you about the gloves. Hope you got it. Is the star that you saw a kit. I tried to google the store where you found it and didn't come up with anything. Blessings, Sherry

Unknown said...

I am new to your blog, & I must say. I LUV it! Luv the book idea's..

Unknown said...

If you like Shopaholic....have you tried Janet Evanovich?
It is a great series too, hilarious. Starts with "One for the Money" and the rest of the books have number in them.
Check 'em out.

tiburon said...

I am jotting all of these down. I sooo need some good books to read.

Misty said...

I would like to say that I am an avid reader, but truthful, I even listened to the Twilight books on CD. Who has time any more? I might have to check out the Shopaholic one, that will probably be right down my alley!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I always love reading or listening to a good book. Thanks for letting me know something else to read!

AnneMarie said...

Confessions of a Shopaholic! Sounds like my kind of read :)