Monday, March 3, 2008

Good Friends...

Ode to good friends...

The March Oprah Magazine is all about friendship...how to be a friend, what kind of friend are you, articles on great life friends, etc. I have been so fortunate to have such great friends in my life. Each friend has influenced and shaped my life in their own way. I credit ( my man blames) Erica Gillett for my love of dishes and setting a fun table... you can serve ok food if the presentation is great. Another friend taught me that everything doesn't need to be so "matchy- matchy" and now I miss-match happily. To my oldest S.G. friends... when I moved to Idaho I think I cried more for you that I did my family. You have all gotten me through so much. To my Idaho pals... you were my family when I didn't have family. You made it easy for me to leave my comfort area. And now...my new Utah friends - You inspire me, decorate for me, entertain me, and have started kicking my butt into gear ( literally). Friends...old and new I am grateful for you! Without sounding too cliche'...friends do leave their mark on your heart. I am a better person because of the friends who have shared themselves with me... I am so glad they weren't stingy!

3 comments:

Mindi said...

what about the friends you spoke "saloon girl talk" with?? lana would be proud now, huh? good times spills....

Allison said...

welcome to the blogospher!

Nancy said...

Ok, I had to tell ya, I am stalking blogs right now and I just looked at your friend Mindi's blog and I laughed my butt off! I had to call Lonne in here so I could show him the Juice Newton post on her blog! I have tears I have been laughing so hard! Tell Mindi she WINS!!! Oh my gosh, she is funny! Now I see why you guys have so much fun!!!