Friday, April 25, 2008

For the Whipped Cream lover in us all...

Here it is... the greatest thing since sliced bread! It is a whipped cream maker/ dispenser! You add whipping cream, powdered sugar, and a little vanilla... put the lid on...slide in the co2 cartridge and Voila... fresh whipped cream at the squeeze of a handle! LOVE IT! VIv got one a few years ago and couldn't figure it out for a while, but when she did...she was a fan! LOVED IT! Mine was a Christmas Gift ( TO: Amy Love: Amy) and I got one for my neighbors, Dean and Paul. They love it too! How great is it to have fresh strawberry shortcake at a moment's notice. It lasts as long as it lasts...meaning you can keepit in the fridge until it's gone! It is as handy as cans of whipped cream, but tastes like real whipped cream ( duh... it is real). I got them at Williams Sonoma and think it is such a fabulous little gadget. You never know when you're going to need a little whipped cream! Hmmmmm? But be careful, because too much whipped cream has the same effect as chocolate...seen here.

9 comments:

Mindi said...

i LOVE real whipped cream more than my children. so i think i cam clicking on that fantabulous link and getting one. for real.

did i ever tell you about the time we went over to russ's brother's house for halloween, and they brought out the pumpkin pie and the bananna cream and then the big old tub of cool whip? i seriously almost had a heart attack. i pouted about it for DAYS, i was such a baby. but who uses COOL WHIP on thanksgiving pie?? white trash!

Andrea W. said...

LOL, Mindi "love it more than your children." Great stuff. Looks like a fabulous gadget and a fun gift idea, thanks, Amy!

Also, I love how tight you are with your neighbors. I need to be better about that. Maybe if all my neigbhors started blogging we could be best friends!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm totally LOL!!! I went to Mindi's blog and what a hoot!! I have seriously been laughing out loud. I remember you talking about her and Russ a lot and loving them, now I see why!! She is right up my ally baby!!! Now for you and the body whip cream. (I know thats what you use it for) I too am a lover of fresh whipped. I feel Mindi's pain on Thanksgiving!! I'm afraid I'm going to have to go visit Mr. Sonoma myself, I can't believe he never told me about his gadget!! I "go big" Haha at the grocery store and buy the whipped cream in the cans and low and behold the little b&^%$#@$ won't work after the first few times! What a let down. Thanks for the tip!!

Amy said...

It is becasue you are doing whip its with them for a quick buzz and letting all the gas out. It is a quick little trick that Chad Gunnier taught me back in about 87- YIKES!

The Patrona said...

Amy, here is a little trick to add to your favorite. Throw in a little cocoa with the powdered sugar and a little Hershey's syrup. Voila, chocolate mousse. Shave some chocolate on top and everyone will think you're Barefoot Contessa.

kourtney said...

Crap, now I have to drag Andy to WS tomorrow to get one. I just can't let him squirt in mouth!

tiburon said...

You suck ass! I can't believe you would tell me that I can have real whooped cream whenever I want. Breakfast? Dinner? 3 in the morning? I am all over that sista!

Suzanne Lancaster said...

Man, you are blogging queen! I haven't checked since before your trip - you have been BUSY. It looks like you had so much fun. I sure wish I could blog about a trip to Mexico with Frank instead of a family trip to Disneyland! Oh, well, maybe next time! Was your whipped cream gadget allowed on your trip as carry on??

Anonymous said...

I went to visit Mr. Sonoma today and my jaw dropped! $100 for fresh whipped cream? Who does he think he is? You know me, little miss cheap! I'm going to have to save up. I walked out empty handed but it was oh so tempting!! Until I decide to blow thru a $100 bill then my family will have to put up with the beaters going 100 miles an hour for 1/2 the day to get it good!