Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Got Balls?

BASEBALLS!
Tis' the season... for sunflower seeds, hot dogs, sports chairs, freezing games, sweltering games, and homeruns! Yes, it is true ...it is baseball season once again at our house! Last year was crazy because Jacks was playing rec league ( 2 games a week) and Mitch was playing rec league ( 2 games a week) as well as comp ball (1 game during the weekdays and 2 games on Saturdays) . Some weeks we had 7 games! YIKES. It will be better this year- Mitch is only playing comp ball. With a schedule like that no wonder Meg hasn't quite joined any sports teams yet. After two brothers I am okay with her not being an athlete...we'll let her dance. As a baby she didn't wear overalls either or a whole lot of blue. She gets used to taking her blanket and coloring books and barbies to the ball parks around the valley. Last year she said, "Mom, when are we going to have a real dinner- with vegetables?" Baseball season= Spring Cuisine... the value meal at the ballpark...hot dog, soda, and a bag of chips. SO HEALTY! I sound like I am complaining... no! I really do like to watch the boys play. Big Daddy is great during baseball seson- he takes them early, sets up camp at the Saturday double headers and tournys, and is their biggest fan. I also love that Caylor's dad is a huge fan too! Sometimes he will travel from St. George just to catch a few of the boy's games. Last year Caylor, Mitch , and Papa went to Cooperstown, N.Y. for MItch to play in a tourny. Those three had a ball and the momories are priceless! So needless to say...we do love it- we'd better because here it is until late July!
so...PLAY BALL!

8 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I love this time of year! Gooo Yankess!

Mindi said...

poor russ. he would kill for this. but he made his bed, so he is gonna have to frickin' lay in it.
you sooooo crazy with those ball schedules, but what can you do?

Mindi said...

ps my fav part about that post was the title. heh heh heh

missy said...

Seen the first season of the Tudors...Dirty dirty. It was very good. I got the book The Other Boleyn Girl, it is on my summer reading list. When I get all settled in my new house, I'll call you.

You've inspired my new career..."MO'S MOVES" ha

kourtney said...

Good luck. If Meg ever needs a change of scenery bring her our way.

Holly H. said...

I love baseball season, it reminds me that summer is close! Also, thanks for the book recommendations! I read "Can You Keep a Secret" on my trip and I'm starting "Shopaholic" now. She is the funniest author! Loved it!

tiburon said...

This is my favorite time of the year too. Love me some baseball. Both professional and Little league. We have lots of balls around here :)

Collette said...

I think I remember the days of us saying I would never do comp ball and look at us now? It is fun maybe not 4,5,6 games fun a week but what do ya do, if only they could play on the same team!! Someday they will!