Monday, April 21, 2008

Ohhhh...Mexico

I had to come home...why? What an amazing week! I think I need to teach Meg how to weave bracelets and we're moving to Mexico! All I can say is that we had such a great time! I am sorry to scar some of you with photos of me in a bathing suit...but here are some of the highlights! We toured Chichen Itza...so great! Remember... I am a history nerd so I loved this! I am amazed at how advanced this Mayan Civilization was! Also... went snorkling- chummed the fish- not so good. The ocean is was so beautiful and the sand so white and soft...but I must say I spent most of my time at the pools ( they were only 30 feet from the water so it was still the same). The resort was fantastick, the food so-so ( it's Mexico and I am a freak), the spa and the 3 hours worth of massages I had were so relaxing, I even worked out because the view from the treadmill was so great! All in all it was a perfect week and I am sad to be back in the real world. We woke up Sunday morning and thought we should have just had the sitters send the kids on the next flight and stayed a little longer. It was a great retreat and I need a vacation to recover from my vacation. Doing nothing at all is HARD WORK!


8 comments:

Andrea W. said...

What great photos and you look fabulous in your swimsuit! It looks like a perfect trip, good luck adjusting to real life.

Mindi said...

where is caylor's speedo?? that big photo of the two of you is pretty freakin' cute, so i don't know what you are apologizing about. the only downside to that is that i wasn't actually WITH you on that trip, but maybe dixie leavitt will see the error of his ways and let me go with you next year!

Collette said...

Such great pics, I am so glad you had a great time, Meg even asked Lily for a sleepover, I thought it was kind of funny, I think your kids had a little vacay too! Glad your back..

kourtney said...

Hope you shook your maracas for Caylor! Looks like he was happy. Where are the pics of the yellow shirts?

The Patrona said...

Glad to see your still my girl, even in Mexico! Stickin' to our golden rule-never leave home without a pair rockstar sunglasses, diva earrings, and glamorous lipstick. I think you need to take Roxette's "Dangerous" off my blog and put it on yours. You are one foxy Senora!

Elsha Gubler said...

What a fun trip!!! You look so cute in your Modbe swimsuits! I hope they worked!!!

tiburon said...

I am sooo jealous. I would kill for a trip to Mexico right about now. It looks like a fun time :)

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Ya, a little bummed about no speedo pics. (I know that comment is prolly so weird coming from a stranger like myself, it is just that Mindi cracks me up!)

I'm am glad you guys had a great time!