Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday

* I am so glad that The Office is back by popular demand! I have really missed Michael Scott and his lawsuit waiting to happen comments and antics. This is seriously the greatest show ever! I always want CJD to try some of the things at his office. It is good that his brother works there too... I don't think he would sue!

* I am so thankful for my grandma Connie... She came to my house with my sister for the first time in a year and a half ( because my grandpa had been so sick) It was so good to have her here! I just love her- she is such a young fun grandma! She has quilting friends that call themselves " The ladies of the Evening" because they quilt all night. She is the BEST!

* I am so thankful for books. I know this sounds like a total nerd alert, but I LOVE TO READ! I am trying to compile my list of all time favorite reads...so many titles!

* I am so glad I have a little friend, Meggie! I will be so sad when she goes to school all day! We just hang out and laugh and have a good time. She is getting social so now she would rather play with friends than hang with me, but I do enjoy my little shadow. We have laughed and said that she is the best little shopper, lunch goer, and mini- adult in town.

* I likey Self-tanner and shimmer lotion- As I think about taking this big white body to Mexico I am glad to know that I will have a little bit of CAMO in self tanner and shimmer lotion. I know that fat looks better tan... so with a few tanning bed sessions and a little bronzing lotion I should be good to go!

11 comments:

Mindi said...

i'm glad that connie could come and chill--she is one awesome lady.
you know i am with you on the glitter lotion all the way--i always think i love it so because it distracts people with it's shine, and i am all about smoke and mirrors!

Kami said...

Self tanners are on the top of my list of favorite inventions. How fun to have Mexico to look forward to.

Andrea W. said...

I have just discovered self-tanners and must say I've fallen in love. Fabulous. Great list, I can totally see Meggie being the perfect lunch and shopping companion. So cute. Also, kind of pathetic how excited I am for "The Office." How have we lived all these months without it?

Missy Glendenning said...

Amy:
I'm actually staying up here for the summer. I have an internship with Darin at Jimmy Johns. And I would LOVE to get together with you. You always have a good time, and so do I. So anyone who was with us would have a BLAST...
-Missy

collette said...

You just shine up that body of yours! You are all about glitter, you are my best glitter friend, I am laughing now thinking of all the things you have sprayed with glitter..so funny! cute grandma, you are lucky!

Tiburon said...

Oooo I am getting a new self tanner I hope it gets the job done. Although I will need a barrel of it to cover all this skin.

And I just started watching the Office so I need to catch up before I can be thankful for new episodes :)

Holly said...

I need a good tip on a really good book. Maybe one that would be good to read on a 17 hour flight??? Have any suggestions? Oh, and I'm a self tanning person all the way!

kourtney said...

I'm thankful that Andy can get fired and rehired all in a days work. It really does pay to have your older brother be your boss. I'm also thankful that I don't have a preplanned outfit to wear in Cancun. You'll look good tan in yellow. Have fun!

frankandsuz said...

Does Star Magazine count as a book? If so, I'm thankful for books too :)

Patron and Patrona said...

Amy, let's invest in Serenity By Jan. You could display the candles in your home, for all your visitors. I could put them around Private Design, for my clients. We could make a fortune! Just ask Michael Scott.

kourtney said...

Okay Amy, I'm sorry to say that you don't enjoy me spednding time with other people and I can't live with your practicality. Our friendship is "unwise" and "difficult". But you did survive Rebecca's problems, so I think we can work through our problems. Let's give this friendship a chance.