Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday

* I am so glad that The Office is back by popular demand! I have really missed Michael Scott and his lawsuit waiting to happen comments and antics. This is seriously the greatest show ever! I always want CJD to try some of the things at his office. It is good that his brother works there too... I don't think he would sue!

* I am so thankful for my grandma Connie... She came to my house with my sister for the first time in a year and a half ( because my grandpa had been so sick) It was so good to have her here! I just love her- she is such a young fun grandma! She has quilting friends that call themselves " The ladies of the Evening" because they quilt all night. She is the BEST!

* I am so thankful for books. I know this sounds like a total nerd alert, but I LOVE TO READ! I am trying to compile my list of all time favorite reads...so many titles!

* I am so glad I have a little friend, Meggie! I will be so sad when she goes to school all day! We just hang out and laugh and have a good time. She is getting social so now she would rather play with friends than hang with me, but I do enjoy my little shadow. We have laughed and said that she is the best little shopper, lunch goer, and mini- adult in town.

* I likey Self-tanner and shimmer lotion- As I think about taking this big white body to Mexico I am glad to know that I will have a little bit of CAMO in self tanner and shimmer lotion. I know that fat looks better tan... so with a few tanning bed sessions and a little bronzing lotion I should be good to go!

11 comments:

Mindi said...

i'm glad that connie could come and chill--she is one awesome lady.
you know i am with you on the glitter lotion all the way--i always think i love it so because it distracts people with it's shine, and i am all about smoke and mirrors!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Self tanners are on the top of my list of favorite inventions. How fun to have Mexico to look forward to.

Andrea W. said...

I have just discovered self-tanners and must say I've fallen in love. Fabulous. Great list, I can totally see Meggie being the perfect lunch and shopping companion. So cute. Also, kind of pathetic how excited I am for "The Office." How have we lived all these months without it?

missy said...

Amy:
I'm actually staying up here for the summer. I have an internship with Darin at Jimmy Johns. And I would LOVE to get together with you. You always have a good time, and so do I. So anyone who was with us would have a BLAST...
-Missy

Collette said...

You just shine up that body of yours! You are all about glitter, you are my best glitter friend, I am laughing now thinking of all the things you have sprayed with glitter..so funny! cute grandma, you are lucky!

tiburon said...

Oooo I am getting a new self tanner I hope it gets the job done. Although I will need a barrel of it to cover all this skin.

And I just started watching the Office so I need to catch up before I can be thankful for new episodes :)

Holly H. said...

I need a good tip on a really good book. Maybe one that would be good to read on a 17 hour flight??? Have any suggestions? Oh, and I'm a self tanning person all the way!

kourtney said...

I'm thankful that Andy can get fired and rehired all in a days work. It really does pay to have your older brother be your boss. I'm also thankful that I don't have a preplanned outfit to wear in Cancun. You'll look good tan in yellow. Have fun!

Suzanne Lancaster said...

Does Star Magazine count as a book? If so, I'm thankful for books too :)

The Patrona said...

Amy, let's invest in Serenity By Jan. You could display the candles in your home, for all your visitors. I could put them around Private Design, for my clients. We could make a fortune! Just ask Michael Scott.

kourtney said...

Okay Amy, I'm sorry to say that you don't enjoy me spednding time with other people and I can't live with your practicality. Our friendship is "unwise" and "difficult". But you did survive Rebecca's problems, so I think we can work through our problems. Let's give this friendship a chance.