Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thankful Thursday


These are a few things I am thankful for today...
1. My sewing maching- sounds so lame, but I just finished my favorite apron I have ever made. I like doing this... I guess it is my creative outlet and a fun gift to give! If I really knew how to sew it would be even better...but until I do I will just bumble and stumble my way through the process.

2. Good Friends- Our friends, Steve & Kamari Kemp, came up this weekend... Steve went home early and Kamari and her kids stayed a few extra days. We had such a great time... we cooked, and made aprons, and laughed, and shopped a little. Great time had by me at least...thanks for staying, Kam!

3. Group Weed Pull Session- Yeah! Kamari and her kids all joined in the fun and helped us pull weeds. I hate to pull weeds and I was so happy that they were such great little helpers. Isn't it fun to come to my house and stay. Maybe next time we can clean out the garage or inventory foodstorage...(well that wouldn't take too long)

4. My last few days of school- A busy week, but I am kindof hoarding as much time as possiblbefore school is out. I went to lunch with some friends yesterday and we all laughed that it was our "last lunch". IT will be nice to have a little relaxation going on... but sometimes it is great when the kiddos are in school and not fighting over important things like who ate the last of the "favorite" cold cereal and what show to watch... Gotta love summer!

5. School Being out- The last item sounded pretty harsh...but it will be great not to have to study spelling words or worry about projects. We will have a lot of fun!

6. My kids- I wasn't going to start getting cheezy again...but the events of the last few weeks have really made me think about how much I love my kids. They are kids and sometimes make me crazy...but I would be really crazy without them.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for school being out and group weed pulling! Hey, whatever it takes, right?

I am glad you stopped by!

Have a great day and don't be a stranger!!

Andrea W. said...

Now you just need to go buy some Preen so you don't have to worry so much about your weeds now that they're all gone, I LOVE that stuff!

Great list, it's always tough when tragedy hits close to home, but it does give us perspective. We are so blessed to have healthy kids.

Holly H. said...

Great list this week Amy. I'm with you on the school thing. I'm kinda torn. I love no homework and early nights, but the boys get so bored about 2 weeks in to summer and then they bug the crap outta me. Any to your comment yesterday... YES! I think we should do a chick flick sometime soon! I would love it! :)

Anonymous said...

I have to agree! School getting out is truly a love/hate relationship for me. Love not having to get up early, projects and homework but the bad part as you said is the troops being home 24/7!! I luckily have til next week and I am soaking it all in!

tiburon said...

Great list!
I hate when school gets out. It is so hard to keep my kids entertained. Luckily Olivia starts in August!

And if you ever need a test subject for your aprons - you let me know. I would love to see pics of your creations :)

Mia said...

My neighbor's daughter always comes to help me pull weeds and I love it! I am with the crowd, we would love to see some pictures of your aprons. My hubby got me one for my birthday (a pretty/frilly one) and I love to wear it.

Mindi said...

jealous that i missed out on the sister wives fiesta. did caylor ever get to flip that coin?;)

Anonymous said...

We did have so much fun! My kids haven't let a day pass since we left without asking: "When we are going back to the Dalley?" My answer: "When they'll have us!!!" or "when the weeds get bad enough!" It might be to soon.haha You know where I'd spend my trips to SLC and were so glad you'll take us in. Luv you guys and thanks again for a fun couple of days.

Anonymous said...

We did have so much fun! My kids haven't let a day pass since we left without asking: "When we are going back to the Dalley?" My answer: "When they'll have us!!!" or "when the weeds get bad enough!" It might be to soon.haha You know where I'd spend my trips to SLC and were so glad you'll take us in. Luv you guys and thanks again for a fun couple of days.