Tuesday, July 1, 2008

How much is that doggie in the window...NOT!

WARNING: THIS POST MIGHT OFFEND SOME OF THE ANIMAL LOVERS OUT THERE! I AM JUST EXPRESSING MY OWN OPINION AND THAT IS OKAY BECAUSE IT IS MY BLOG! I am back from an amazing week of doing NOTHING, except what I wanted to do. So great! I do have one thing I need to talk about and I hope not to offend any of you. READ THE WARNING ABOVE!!! This past week we stayed at a great resort, but I was a little perplexed when we were eating at the cute little cafe on the property when I saw a waiter bringing in a dog dish. Now, I am all for using creative dishes to make a statement, but a dog dish? Upon further investigation I found that this was an animal friendly resort. There were labs in the lobby, and puppies by the pool...thank goodness there were no boarder collies nipping at every one's heels. Oh... my! I am so not an animal lover. I was relieved to find that there are never dogs allowed in building 1 and that was where our room was. There were some people that were totally freaked out about the whole animal thing. One lady that was at conference and in a building other than 3 could have sworn she had flea bites all over her body. I don't know if that was the case, but I was very glad to be in blg. #1. I am not an animal hater or tortuter or anything and as long as they aren't around me I am okay. I have three kids that I think are really cute, but I don't expect everyone in the world to agree with me... that it how it is with dogs. I don't want to love on someone else's dog... It might be cute, but I don't want it to touch, sniff, or lick me. I will keep my kids at bay if they keep their dogs to themselves too. All of my dog owning friends know that I am a little hesitant to see their dogs... Heck- Tonia even has an over the top dressed dog with a decorated room, but I still don't want to love it.. or really even like it. The powers that be are having their revenge on me , for I have a little girl that is desperate for a dog. She loves stufffed dogs and her #1 DS game is Nintedogs... The other day she was watching TV and she was crying. I wondered what was wrong and she was emotional over the Sarah McLaughlin commercial encouraging you to be some dog's angel and adopt one. She told me the one eyed dog needed us to rescue it. I wanted to tell her that it had already been put to sleep, but I just said, " Oh.. honey... Jackson and I are allergic to dogs. I am sure some really great home adopted the one eyed dog and loves it so much." Infact, the adoptive family loves it so much the took it to a 5 star resort on Coronado Island. That is where I was and this is how I stand...Sorry all you PITA bloggers. Please do come back soon... I once let my kids have a fish- Just don't ask why we still don't have it. I am not a Michael Vick, but I just don't love animals.... Sorry!


17 comments:

Devri said...

We sold our puppy after it became a dog, I have way too many children to take care of a dog, and I don't like them either.. Sold it for 400.00, and bought a trampoline with the money, best choice I have ever made...

Anonymous said...

Your loss friend!! Our little Zoe has brought so much love and affection to our home. She is the hi-light of our lives and we absolutely adore her! It is so nice to see my kids show their affection to her. She really grounds them! Its nice to have 1 "being" in the home that doesn't talk back or make demands!

Every kid deserves a dog just like every kids deserves a trip to Disneyland!

Come on Am, never say never!

We have to take Zoe to many hotels when we are traveling for baseball, but they are like Super 8's and Shilo Inns. Only about a 1/2 star!!

Don't apologize for your opinion on animals, but watch out when you're throwing it around out there, you may just find one of your kids missing or a tire slashed or grafitti on your windows! Animal lovers don't really like to here about it! ha-ha!!

I look forward to the day you cave in for Megy!

Anonymous said...

I have always grown up with a dog in our household. We had a dog for 9 years when Jake was born and then he ran away when Jake was 2 1/2 and Aiden was just a few months old. I love dogs, cats not so much. However, we have not gotten another pet for many reasons (kids, responsibilities, we like to vacation)...the list is long but I have to say as much as I miss having one, I don't one another one for a while. The time is just not right.

You certainly don't have to apologize for your feelings at least you know how you feel. Look at all the people out there who treat their pets better than their children!

tammy said...

We are dog lovers. In fact, sometimes I get dog hungry just like I get baby hungry. But I think two dogs is all I can handle right now. I was just thinking I should do a post all about my cute little dog. Feel free to not post a comment that day. You will still be my friend.

I agree with how you feel though, I don't want anyone pushing their damn cat on me.

Mindi said...

i likey to look at dogs and even pet them a little bit, but HOLY SHIZ i don't want them staying in my friggin' hotel!!!! i am with you all the way on that one. plus, if one was eating in the same dining room as me i would have a complete hissy fit. dogs and their owners can have lots of fun. together. at home.

my favorite quote of yours is "missing your cat? look under my tire..."

i wuv you amy.

Holly H. said...

My husband really loves dogs and probably would love that hotel, but me... not so much. I loved my own dog for 11 years until we had to put her down a year and a half ago, but that didn't mean that I loved everyone else's. They are so sweet, but a lot of hard work too and I don't think you have to apologize for anything. In fact, I think it's a lot better that you don't have an animal, than be like A LOT of people that get one and ignore it, or even worse are mean to it.

kourtney said...

I'm not allergic, but luckly Andy is, so I have a good excuse to tell the kids "NO". The bad thing is Andy wants a dog as bad as the kids. I don't dislike animals though, I just don't need the extra work and the hair...oh the hair. I don't care if a dog doesn't shed...it has HAIR!

Stephanie M said...

I love your blog - please tell me your secret: how do you make the curtains stay still on the sides??? Where did you learn this cool trick? I promise I won't diss you for not liking animals :)

blah, blah by lindsey said...

ok i am lurker and i love your blog...but i had to comment

i am not an animal lover either!! i can't stand that people let their cats and dogs just roam up to people and think oh they must love that! i am sooo allergic to cats and i hate going out and having someone's cat rub all over me!

i think i just made some enemies, i wouldn't want pets at a resort i was going to either.

Stephanie M said...

you are so nice to respond. How did you "copy" it???? Is there some way to get the html code, and then cut and paste?? You did great. I'm new too - but love learning more about it. (I went to hs with Caylor)

Crazymamaof6 said...

we have dogs and cats, and i don't want my own touching me. much less someone else's on vacation. i can have them and just not touch them right? heck ya!
i discovered i was allergic as a grown up. but the kids love our outside pets. if they want love the can go outside to get it.
not offensive to me at all.

Anonymous said...

CATS SUCK!!! Next post....

Chanda said...

I SOOOOO agree with you. I am not an animal person. I am a clean person. Ha Ha.

I did just read a book called "The Art of Racing In The Rain" and it's told from a dog's point of few. I LOVED it. It made me laugh and cry. I'm still not an animal person, but it softened me a smidgen. I highly recommend it.

Amy said...

F.Y.I. I would either open a dog grooming business, start a breeding kennel, or just get 48 dogs before I would own 1 cat.

simply kris said...

oh there is a "Teddy" at my inlaws. The house smells like dog. ugh. my kids after playing outside all day smell like puppies and i make them immediately shower. love the 4 legged critters that meow, myself.

the glendenning family said...

I agree! WE are all allergic to them. Or at least that is what I've always said. haha What about Fred who would what to recreate that!

Anonymous said...

Ditto, on the animals thing. Do you remember my dog Bear. The dog from Hell. We renamed him little sh__ and sometimes worse. I now live in So-Cal and people are freaky about their pets. Restaurants actually have to post No pets allowed, and people consider it discrimination. Personally I like hair free food, call me crazy.
I'm out, Malisa