Monday, June 30, 2008

You don't send me flowers...anymore



Flowers.... Ahhhh! Nothing says summer like a big old pot full of geraniums! I love geraniums the most of any flower- especially the bright red ones! My mom has been called a "pot-head"
by many people. And no it is not because she grew up in the 60's! She is the queen of pots! She loves to have potted flowers all around her yard, pool, & world. Every year for her birthday she tells everyone that she just wants a flat of geraniums for her pots. She is a goof! Love the pots and I love geraniums.... Infact, I am home now for a while so I am going to go and plant me a pot for my front porch! Thanks, Tiburon for the friendly reminder that summer= flowers!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

My pots are already done! Nothing overly fab this year because we are gone nearly every week in July and of course they need to be watered, but I love them too!! Be sure to show picures!!!

tiburon said...

Ooo those pots are GORGEOUS!! Thanks for playing!

Holly H. said...

I love geraniums too. Love the story about your mom. Very cute!

Crazymamaof6 said...

love that your mom just wants flowers to plant every year! that is fab! and a smart way to go about it. easy gift too! WHOOHOO!
i need to attempt flowers here, but it's far to hot now. i should figure it out though for fall planting, so they are nice by spring.

thanks for the inspiration, i must go research that.

simply kris said...

right now the only thing staying alive in my yard is the damn morning glory. GLORY? it should say CRAP! I am quite fond of petunias and mums. So easy to not kill.

Mia said...

My mother in law makes the most beautiful flower pot arrangements for her yard. We tried this year and failed miserably, only a third of what we planted is still blooming. Oh well, there is always next summer.

Devri said...

love the story about your mommy.

Collette said...

sorry you didn't get that pot planted today! Thanks for helping Jess with her little summer camp invites! she loves them..

Collette said...

sorry you didn't get that pot planted today! Thanks for helping Jess with her little summer camp invites! she loves them..

tammy said...

As all my flowers are frying in the heat right now. Even my huge beautiful geraniums that I've had since last fall. {sob!}