Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It is all about Judy!

I have got to write a post today about someone you've all heard me talk about... Judy! She is my son's tutor...but she is my friend, mentor, idol, teacher, computer whiz extraordinaire! When we moved here Jackson was having a hard time reading and was going to be pulled out of his regular class to go in a reading group...I decided it was time to get additional help for him. We found the darling tutor of our life, Judy Wayment and things have been peachy ever since. She got him on reading level in 3 months. We then had her help Jackson learn his times tables and she is so dang good... I even learned them for the first time ever. See? She really is THAT good! But more importantly than that she has become a dear friend. She is the one that hooked me up with the idea for my kids' job charts, helped me with adobe, made the sweet memory sheets when Jackon's friend, Ty, died, and just helps out anytime I call. We have taken the summer off of tutor, but will surely be back when school starts! I actually miss seeing her every week...I get my weekly fix and Jacks gets help with math...a win/win situation. I would gladly do an infomercial about her, but sadly she is only one woman with only so much time for tutoring so her student numbers have to be kept to a certain number. She is an amazing mother and grandmother. One time I went to a party at her house with her daughters for the cookbook Deceptively Delicious... she had all the puree ready and we tried fun recipes from the book and then she gave us all more puree to go home and try some more. She is such a great person... I am lucky to be her friend. She reads my blog but has said she will never comment... so Judy this one is for you- You're the best. They say that education is the key to the world...Thanks Judy...for giving us the world!

10 comments:

Mindi said...

where is MY judy??

i have heard you sing her praises and i am glad that you put it out there in the universe. she sounds like one cool chick.


call me hoochie

tammy said...

What a fabulous person to have in your life, and what a sweet post. Your family is very lucky.

Anonymous said...

WHat an amazing lady. Everyone should have someone like that in their lives-you are lucky!

Holly H. said...

Wow! That is so great! She looks like a doll.

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute to Judy! She looks and sounds like such a great person. Its quite funny because one of my bestest ever friends here is Judy and she is probably about the same age! In fact, today I'm taking her out for her bday!

You made me cry a little! What a nice blog!

P.s. I'm loving your updates every day and not thrice a week!

Devri said...

What a wonderful tribute to Judy!! Where would we be without all the Judy's in the world. ps. What is wrong with your layout?

Collette said...

oh how I miss Judy!! if I was rich I would have all my kids go to her! She really is one amazing lady!

tiburon said...

I need to get me a Judy. Fantastic post :)

Mia said...

Oh man does Judy have a double? That was a sweet tribute to an obviously beautiful and kind woman.

whitney said...

Hey so i finally started a blog and its all inspired by you, your are a NUT! Iv been one of your secret stalkers so Im comming out!!
Nicole always calls me and asks me your address too cause I think her Connie likes to keep tabs on ya when they are at the lumber yard!