Monday, July 28, 2008

Take me out to the ballgame

My mouth is completely raw from eating sunflower seeds and I about had a sun stroke- all for the love of the game. This past weekend (July 24-26) we were in Park City and Heber for the Tournament of Champions baseball tournament. Mitch is on a competition baseball team, the Utah Crushers- a brand new team that has only played this year. We lost our first game in extra innings, and then won the other three so we secured a spot in the championship game on Saturday. I think we were a little tired, for we kinof beat ourselves... the score was 3-3 for most of the game and then we allowed a home-run on errors. Yes... the Bad News Bears came out to play for an inning. We ended up losing 3-4 and coming in 2nd in the whole tournament- which really is awesome considering it is the best teams in Utah and Idaho that are invited. It has been a fun team to play on- the other families are tons of fun and we have a great time. The kids started playing in January- hitting and practicing in an indoor facility. We have played several tourny's and double headers every Saturday. It will seem crazy not to have to play baseball! Mich is a good player and has a lot of fun with the other kids on the team. I can tell summer is winding down.... not by looking at the calendar or feeling the 102 degree weather... I can tell that fall is right around the corner because Mitch starts football today! Yes... he is going to be practising for the best sport of all starting today! I love football season and in our family football is KING! Jacks never wants to play because he doesn't want to get "creamed". So off of one sport and on to another... love the life of being a mom to boys! Play Ball!

17 comments:

Kristen said...

I was just thinking the other day that fall must be right around the corner because the indoor soccer season has started for my girls and my oldest had open gym at the middle school 2 days last week. I have 3 that will play outdoor soccer and one that is also a referee beginning in just a few weeks and our Saturdays will by C-R-A-Z-Y once again!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for mine to be a little older and start playing sports!

Christie said...

Congrats! That sounds like so much fun. My husband was a huge baseball player, and some days I feel badly that he'll never have a boy to carry on the tradition with. Maybe my girls will play softball!

Misty said...

That's so cute. I can't wait until I am running around crazy trying to coordinate dropping off this one here and this one there....I don't know how I will do it!

Chanda said...

Mmmm, I totally want sunflower seeds now.

rachel said...

I love that picture...so cute!

Devri said...

Only thing better than football is rugby, but football is great too, I emagine our boys will be in anything and everything as soon as they can- my 1 year old can already swing and hit the ball when we pitch to him...

Mindi said...

poor russ. no boys to play.

are you sure you mouth wasn't raw from all that chewing tobacco you ingested? while wearing the foam finger?

Mindi said...

poor russ. no boys to play.

are you sure you mouth wasn't raw from all that chewing tobacco you ingested? while wearing the foam finger?

tammy said...

Way to go! That is fabulous! My sister was in Park City too, did you see her?

Collette said...

oh so fun..i was happy we lost all 4 games so i didn't have to go back up there on saturday! bummer on your loss..enjoy football!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on playing for CHampionship!! It was fun to see you and visit with you again! Its been too long!

tiburon said...

la-la-la LOVE IT! Love having raw mouth. Love sitting in the sun watching some ball. That is fantastic!! :)

Holly H. said...

What an accomplishment! Taking 2nd overall is AWESOME! We also are a big time football family. My boys are obsessed. Practice started today for us as well, so that will pretty much be my life for the next 3 months. I do love it though!

simply kris said...

if there was a tourney for video gaming, we would be in the playoffs. I have to lock my kids out of my house to get them outside... drives me bonkers. congrats on having a family that sports it up!

Shannon said...

We don't do the ball thing at the Lowe house. We have a serious lack of testosterone around here, so I'll have to live vicariously through your posts. Love that photo!

The Patrona said...

I bet you're just counting down the years to those traveling dance competitions. False eyelashes and glitter galore! And of course, nervous break downs, smeared mascara and ridiculously priced costumes.... Sunflower seeds have never sounded so good.