Friday, July 4, 2008

Yeah... The Fourth of July...

I love the 4th of July! When I was little the 4th was right up there next to Christmas... okay maybe not that great- but still great! St. George didn't really do anything too great, but we always got a new fourth of July outfit, always had some kind of bar-b-que, and ALWAYS went to my grandma's house ( which was across the street from where the fireworks were shot off) and watched the firework splendor with cousins and extended family. My sister and I would alwasy try to "call" the fireworks for our own. When my fanily lived in Boise we would always go to the Boise Hawks ( semi-pro) baseball game. It was fun to watch the game, have baseball food and treats, and then watch the huge fireworks display there. Now that we live in Utah... Mitch is involved with the Firecracker Baseball Tourny in Heber and Utah County. It is fun to go watch him play ball... and then come home, make homemade ice cream and sit on our deck and watch about 3-4 different fireworks displays. I got the kidsa new shirts ( I AM past the Old Navy $5.00 specials that we had to have every year when Mitch was little) and we are going to have some friends over for treats. It is a fun holiday and every year I always say I am going to have a big extravaganza and then Mitch gets on a comp baseball team and we end up at the ball park. Someday... but for right now I am happy with our 4th of July traditions. What are yours? Do share... living away from the most of our family I am always looking to steal some great new traditions!





12 comments:

Natalie Jane said...

That sounds so fun. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time. Ryan is out of town, kids are at their grandparents and I'll be down at work making sure all goes right! ;) Not a big fourth for us this year! ;(

Make sure you stop by my blog on Monday for the giveaway!!

Have a great night!

Mindi said...

i'm a little offended as I was wearing the 5 dollar old navy t shirt today. you're so rude, amy.


my 4th of july was a little.....umorthodox this year. actually, that's a fancy term for SUCKED. call me tomorrow

AnneMarie said...

And so another one of your stalkers comes out... I'm Jenni Leavitt's cousin (favorite cousin):) Anne Marie. Love your reading your blog. You are so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog. Very cute.
I'm glad to see you had a great 4th!

kourtney said...

Missed you this year! Next year! Loved the memory you had of us! That was a fun evening! Thanks for being there for me! I still love to hear you share the day we met though!

tiburon said...

We do just about the same thing every year. Coordinating tees for the kids. Fireworks from Costco. BBQ for friends at our house and then fireworks in the culdesac!

Hope you had a great day :)

Devri said...

No thoughts here, we dress kids up and same hair do's so we can find them in the fighting crowds at the parad, and go camping over the holiday. F-U-N...

Mia said...

We have done something different the past few years. this year we had a very relaxed day then went to a friend's house for a b-b-que. We has a really good time.

Holly H. said...

I love to hear about your traditions. The 4th is such a fun holiday! Every year since my boys were little, my whole family would come over and we would do a bbcue, have a burping contest,(yes, I would supply the rootbeer, and the we had prizes and everything) and set off a TON of fireworks. This year was different though, because we went on our yearly camping trip to Palisade Lake. It still turned out awesome. We went to Manti to watch fireworks and they were unexpectedly soooo good!

Anonymous said...

We too were at the Firecracker tournament and I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else!

I'm hoping some day we will see you at one of these dang tournaments!

Misty said...

I had to stop by and see what my sister Holly has been raving about. Your blog is so cute - keep up the great work!