Friday, August 15, 2008

It's first & ten, baby- first & ten!

It is the best time of the year! Mitch's first football game is tomorrow! Football is a serious family tradition with this bunch! Caylor played... most of his brothers played... his dad played... now Mitch is playing. Jacks... not so much- he says he doesn't want to get "creamed". Jacks just becomes the Cliff Clavin of football players and stats. Mitch loves to watch, play, eat, drink, and sleep football. He changed teams this year so he could play with all of his baseball team friends and it has been a great thing so far. I am jazzed about football season because that also means that fall is right around the corner and that is my very most favorite season! Caylor's dad is flying up to come to Mitch's first game. I think he would live with us during football season if he could- he is all about going to every practice and game and just talking about it nonstop until November. Maybe it is a good thing he'll just come up occasionally for a game. We had a little gathering at the coach's house and he got his jersey and helmet stripes. He got the old number 19... the number his dad and uncles wore. Kindof funny that we were all so excited about that. It doesn't take much to get the whole fam going this season... Football is king at this house!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you! Bring on the pigskin baby!! Zach has officially started and we just got home from signing Land up for Sawtooth! Could life be getting any better? Football, fall, school starting?

Shannon said...

Go Mitch! Having all girls, we get none of the football thing around here!

Mindi said...

i'm with shannon on this one--no boys = NO FOOTBALL.

i do love that you have a passion for it, though. and the cliff claven of football stats? priceless.

tammy said...

I don't love football. But I do love a good superbowl party. And I do love fall. Of course down here that means that the temp drops to 85.

Cole said...

Yea! I can't wait for practice to start for my Ty. It' s flag for him this year but hey, you gotta start some where. My lil bro played and so did my dad. Not so much for my hubby....

I LOVE FOOTBAL!!!!!!!!!

Collette said...

i kind of like football, too bad noone plays in my house! hope you have a great season!

Holly H. said...

Oh how I love football too! We have scrimage games this week and the first real game starts Sat. Can't wait!