Monday, September 22, 2008

My own people?

Just before Meg started school we were having a conversation about her going to school all day long... it went something like this:
Me- Meggie are you so excited to be in 1st grade and go to school all day?
Meg: Yeah, Mom I even get to eat lunch there.
Me: I know! I am kindof sad that you are going to be gone all day... I liked it when we ate lunch together... sometimes we ate at home and sometimes we went to lunch. Wasn't that fun? What am I going to do without you?
Meg: Mom... ( looking totally disgusted) You are going to have to get your own people.
I must be pathetic if my daughter is telling me to get my own people and leave her alone. That just cracked me up... but the best part was the sequel to the conversation- It went something like this:
Meg: Mom, I am so tired! I just hate to get up in the morning!
Me: I know it is so hard. I am proud of you for getting up so early and getting ready so well.
Meg: Mom, remember when I was a kid and we hung out all morning long before kindergarten?
Me: Yeah that was fun, wasn't it. But, remember you told me I needed to get my own people?
Meg: Yeah, I sure wish I was one of your morning people... just hangin' out, watching cartoons, and drinkin' Diet Pepsi. Mom, you've got the life!
Kids say the craziest things... Now if you'll excuse me- I have got to take my diet Pepsi and go... Sponge Bob Square Pants is on and I can't miss it!

19 comments:

Devri said...

I want to be one of your peeps!!!

Meg sounds just like my girls, she is a doll...

You really don't know how to french braid, ok I will show you..

Tiffany said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever heard.

tammy said...

Love it! Some days don't you just want to let them stay home and hang out with you again?

Andrea W. said...

You need to get your own people! That is a classic.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I can see Meg with attitude and all saying those words! Now I bet you love having her in school all day, right?

tiburon said...

You do have the life. And that cracked me up!!!

Anonymous said...

I'll hang with you since she can't. She's a cutie...

Vanessa said...

How presh is it that she says "remember when I was a kid?" Love it!

rachel said...

hee hee...she sounds like quite the little wipper snapper :) Love the way that girl thinks!

Collette said...

too funny- i love that meg. i won't forget how she told me "my mom ONLY dated HOT guys in high school" you are such a babe!!

Chanda said...

AJ thinks my favorite thing to do is vaccuum. I love their perception of what we do. And what we LIKE to do.

Courtney said...

Meg is so dang cute!

Shannon said...

Love it! Meg has got it all figured out. Now turn off the Sponge Bob and go get some "people!" Sheesh!

Holly H. said...

Ok, that is hilarious! Kids are so funny!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,

You do not know me, but I was in tne same ward as your husband's family in St. George.

I came upon your blog through someone in St. George. You have the cutest decor, and are so talented! And quite the sense of humor.

I have 5 daughters, and one your age that went to Pine View.

I hope you do not mind I have looked at all your cute ideas and your cute sense of humor. It made my day!

Sincerely, Shawna
Blmguys@aol.com

gina bina said...

My people tell me, she must be talking about all your blogging peeps!

Mindi said...

sounds like that meggie is a chip off the old block. nothing is gonna get past that one. look out.

Misty said...

I always love when Tristan starts a conversation with me. I never know what he is going to say. PS - I kinda enjoy SBSP too!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

THIS CRACKED ME UP! What wit she has!