Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A is for Apron...

A is usually for apron... but today A is for Addiction! It has been an apron making day and a half! I had a birthday luncheon for a friend so I made her a Halloween apron and I had such a fun time doing it ,I made another. Below is the photo of the one I kept... sorry I forgot to take a photo of the one I gave away.
I love skulls so... what makes more sense than bedazzling me some for Halloween... well ironing on a rhinestone patch.
( If only glitter stuck well to fabric... notice I said well- I have tried it)
Have no fear... the fabric has a glitter sheen to it so I am going to be OKAY!

This is the little poem that I put on a card with the Halloween apron:


Here’s a little Halloween gift
To help with trick or treat!
You’ll go to the door
And look so spooky sweet!

It will make you look so festive-
In this time of scary things!
A little black, orange & purple-
Don’t forget about the bling!

Nothing’s better than a sassy witch
Who serves up eye of newt!
This will make cooking easy-
And you will look so very cute!

The fun didn't stop there... I went to a fabulous fabric store with my darling neighbor and saw this fabric and a new pattern. LOVED it. We both did- so we both bought it and made it yesterday. We have a church pie-making activity... so we are going to wear them and be TWINS! ( This is the stuff that is making "Seriously So Blessed" a fortune) I even bought a bedazzler ( for real) and I am going to add little rhinestones all over the flowers. Here is the finished project MINUS the bedazzling! It has been a fun few days- I am planning on making a few more, but I first need my man to go out of town so I don't have to worry about the backpedaling.



Sorry about the scary photos... I am photographically challenged! I am going to get it together someday... (promises...promises!)

17 comments:

Creations from my heart said...

Cute aprons. Who makes the pattern for the black apron. I love the poem. I'll have to keep that one. I was on th hunt for the metal stars today. No luck. I'll go back out tomorrow. Do you have the A ia for arpon book. I just love it. I have made a few of them. Blessings...Sherry

tammy said...

Love them both! Now stop it because you're making me want to drop everything and sew, and I am so far behind lately on my to-do list. I wore the apron you made me to school yesterday to help with applesauce making, and everyone died because of it's cuteness.

Kristen said...

Gorgeous! Wish I had even a little talent in the craft department!

Mindi said...

why are you making us all look bad, lady? stop doing things like that and get back to the basics like watching cartoons and drinking diet pepsi in your pj's!

Devri said...

Amy Amy Amy, sell these already!!!!!!! You got talent and your a sweetheart, I am now going to eat a bowl of ice cream cuz you make me look bad!!!!

rachel said...

love those aprons! you are so super crafty :)

Shannon said...

Okay, these aprons are so cute that I might actually wear one! ;) You look adorable in yours, but when I put one on, I feel like a dork!

Anonymous said...

How darling! Every time I'm in a fabric store I so badly want to buy up all the cute fabric and attempt to make one. Some day you WILL see one on my blog because you have really inspired me! You do an awesome job with them! I love the black one at the bottom, too cute!

Chanda said...

OK - I NEED NEED NEED that Halloween apron!!! It's not a want - it's a need. Now that I've seen it, I can't live without it. Can I buy one from you? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE???!?!?!!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

I feel like a challenged crafter when I see your creations. I am in love with the second apron, it's gorgeous!

I think you should start an Etsy store. Seriously.

Collette said...

you are right that is the cutest one ever! you really are so talented at them.

Misty said...

Seriously, where does your talent end?

Holly H. said...

You are so freakin' talented!!! The Halloween apron is the cutest I've ever seen!

Omgirl said...

You are AMAZING.

Jan said...

Me me in that apron. Darling.

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

YOU ARE SO TALENTED! WOW WOW WOW. Now I wish I was your neighbor! You are the woman! Love it ALL...ALL OF IT I LOVE!

AnneMarie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the halloween aprons! How fun are you! Speaking of LOVE the apron you made for Jenni.