Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Okay... I'm addicted!

I have really become addicted to C Jane's blog and information about Nie Nie. I almost feel dumb calling her "Nie Nie" because I don't know this family and I kindof feel like I am prying. I guess that is the beauty of a blog... you can blurk. Collette and I ran some errands together yesterday and as we rode along we started chatting about this tragedy. We talked about it for 30 minutes... we don't even know these people and yet we are soooo saddened by their situation. Then last night we were glad to see C Jane on the KSL news. I think it is amazing the response and love that has flown through the blogoshpere concerning this sweet family. I have thought ALOT about my own family...sisters and nieces and nephews...and my thought and prayers are with the mom and dad, the 4 little kids that are picking up an old life in a new world, the aunt that is stepping into a full-time role as mother of 5... it is such a touching story. Ijust watched them on the Today show and am so happy that this story has gone "national" ( like it wasn't already national via the blogoshpere) . I thought her family was so darling and positive and I love seeing those photos. I am sure that those pictures are priceless. What a great story! I guess the response just goes to show that there still are good people in the world and most are touched by other's human experience. I know this was quite a deep post and hopefully that I am back to my same shallow-self tomorrow!

9 comments:

tiburon said...

I like deep Amy. I might even love her.

Misty said...

I really have read about Nie Nie too and I think everyone has fallen in love with the story and is praying for them.

hannie bailey said...

The fam was on the today show about 15 min ago. So sad. My friend raised a bunch of loot for them, and was involved with all that auction stuff, and ever since then, my ears are perked at any reference to them. My heart is sad too.. a good reminder of what I HAVE, not what I WISH!!

Anonymous said...

I just finished a post on virtually the same thing. Check out the link on my post for the Today show this morning. Such a tragedy!

Devri said...

Great job Amy, way to go way deep!! I likey!!!

Anonymous said...

I know it's such a sad story it just brings everybody out of the wood work. I get so emotional knowing how many people are trying to help their family, it's amazing how people can pull together when they need to!

tammy said...

I know! It's hard not to become addicted to their story. It really hits home. Luvpilot has a hard time hearing about it.

Suzie said...

I started reading Steph's blog in 2006 and she was essentially why I started blogging. I love the way she views things and especially the way that family loves.
So inspiring.

AnneMarie said...

So sad! Can you believe how this has spread throughout the blog world!