Tuesday, September 16, 2008

On top of the world!


This last weekend we traveled to St. George for a little visit with the fam! Caylor and the boys knew that I was going to be "sistering" ( the activity that happens when I go to St. George and hook up with my sisters and mom and cousins and friends and any other woman that likes to drink Diet Coke, laugh and have a good time) so they decided they were going to do something fun and unique...they went to Zion's National Park to hike Angel's Landing. This is something I am kindof embarrassed to say that I have NEVER done... ( not THAT embarrassed because you didn't see me loading in the car to go with them). Caylor, Mitch, Jacks and my two nephews ( Raycen & Riley) all ventured to the mecca for all people German to hike the mountain. Mitch teased Jacks all the way to St. George that he would be afraid to climb the chain and go to the top...well when they got there- Jacks , Raycen and Caylor climbed the chain while Mitch & Riley kicked back in the safe zone and watched. I was really proud of all the boys for doing it. They had a great time and did something really great! I was also proud of Caylor for taking the boys and getting out of the glitter zone ( we did glitter crafts at Viv's house while the little girls swam). It was a fun weekend all around. I missed out on seeing my friends, but had a great time hanging with the sisters and mom ( that includes my sister-in-law...whom we consider one of the sisters). It was beautiful weather, fun company, and just an all around excellent weekend.

10 comments:

tammy said...

Sistering...I'll have to remember that word because that's what I do whenever I go to UT.

Looks like the boys had fun. I've never done that either.

Vanessa said...

I definitely would have stayed behind to glitter the day away! (Hiking. . .thats too much work!) Next time you pass through, stop at the Wal Mart exit and we can get a D.C. :)

Mindi said...

i, too, am one of the pathetics that live 40 minutes away from angel's landing and have never done the trip to mecca with all the germans.
but does that surprise you?

i'm impressed that caylor went and took everyone--he's a total stud.

Shannon said...

I want to se all the glittery goodness you made! You need to post some pics for us! Glad Caylor took the boys so you could play!

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip for everyone and I love the photo of the boys and their Dad!

Andrea W. said...

Great pictures, I've never done that hike either. It looks amazing. Sounds like a perfect trip!

Devri said...

That is some beautiful photos.

I seriously coudn't see you doing that kind of thing, try it, take photos ;)

Misty said...

Cool pictures. I want to be there right now. :)

Anonymous said...

That is SUCH a GREAT pic of Jacks and Caylor! I love it! The hike looks wicked!

AnneMarie said...

What cute guys you have!