Monday, September 29, 2008

TAG...I'M IT!
I was tagged by Tanja and I liked reading 7 things about her so... Here goes:

1. I am the oldest child... I have two sisters and one brother. I seem to be alittle bossy at times. I am the only member of my family that has moved away from St. George.

2. In my former professional life, I was a high school teacher. I taught English and History... when I started teaching I was 23... 5 years older than my teacher's aide. I taught in St. George for 5 years and then in Boise for 5 years. I quit when we moved back to Utah. ( now that I have exposed that I was an English teacher... don't go checkin' my grammar- I gave that up years ago!)

3. Fall and Winter are my favorite times of the year. I actually love the snow. I don't think I could ever move back to St. George because of the weather...TOO HOT! I love having all 4 seasons- especially fall!

4. I love to laugh until my stomach hurts. I think that laughter is the best medicine for whatever ails you! It is my favorite to just sit with girlfriends and laugh all night! I don't do girls night out very often, but I do love it when it happens. I love funny!

5. My dream is to go to 2 movies back-to-back. I would pay for both, but I would be in heaven if I could watch 1 movie and then get a Coke refill and go right into the other movie. My man doesn't love to go to the movies... so we don't go very often, but I am going to do this before the end of the year!

6. Speaking of things I am going to do... I have a 2008 bucket list- Some of the items on this list are: see 2 movies back-to-back, attend a Halloween witches' brew ( in costume), Take Meg to the Nutcracker, Make homemade bread, start exercising again, wash all the windows in my house, attend a cousin/sister retreat, host a holiday party, etc...etc...etc... Just a few- I will keep you posted!

7. If I had a job ( other than being a housemom)... it would be #1- An event planner... getting to plan a fabulous party and spend other people's money...it's a win/win situation #2- Be an Aesthetician- get paid to give facials ( in other words...get paid to pick zits).

I tag...
Collette- Five of Mine
Mindi- Word to your mother
Tammy- Time Flies
Tonia & Marla ( 7 thing for each of you)- Over the Tipsy Top Design
Andrea- Life in the slow lane
Shan- It's my life
Vanessa- You don't know Schmidt

sorry...I hope you all want to play along... I can't wait to read more about you!

19 comments:

tiburon said...

OOO LOVE your stuff. I learned so much. I will for sure go to the movies with you - I am a junkie :)

tammy said...

That was fun to read. I'll go to the double movie with you and Tib. I was tagged by two other people too, and put mine up last night.

Judi said...

I'd love to do the movie thing too ;o)
fun to read a little more about you Amy!

Anonymous said...

i would love to tag along with you and Tib to a back to back movie.

i also love your 2008 bucket list, that's good stuff!

thanks for sharing a little more of Amy with us...

Liza said...

Too funny! I love the fall too and I also love snow. My dream job is also to be an event planner. Weird, we must be long lost soul sisters or something :)

Collette said...

thanks for tagging me- you need to take meg to clyde adams nutcracker. me and the girls go every year to watch my neice and it is fabulous! come go with us. it is in Nov. let me know if you want some tickets. we could have a fun girls night out!

Mia said...

I could totally get paid to pick zits ;) Love your list. I think it is really interesting to learn things about my blogging friends.

Suzie said...

LOVED hearing more about you.
The back to back movies is something I want to do too.



zits?

Dixie & Anne Leavitt Family Events said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dixie & Anne Leavitt Family Events said...

Hey Sweetie, so I am giving my darling friend an apron for her b-day, but totally stole your cute poem that goes with it. I did give you credit at the bottom of the card and wrote: by Amy Dally. She is going to be rolling! Thanks to your creative ideas for me to cife. I was truely not blessed in the creativity department, but can pull off recycling ideas! So, you've saved the day! Thank you! I know I'm a slacker blogger, but seriously, why didn't anyone warn me about the craziness of school-age kids? It is rediculous!
Hope you're doing well! I still slip onto your page every once in a while for a little pick me up! I'm like a "A little of this and that JUNKIE"! Keep it coming!

Devri said...

Love it!!

Wish I had time for a movie, let alone a double :)

Please email, me, I know I am bugging you, but I need to give your prize to you.

Then I will leave you alone.

Andrea W. said...

Woo hoo! I'm so excited to have gotten tagged by you. I will totally play along, I just have to think of 7 semi-interesting things about myself. I'll be thinking and will let you knwo when I do it. I loved reading yours, and wish I could hire you plan lots of amazing events!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy...I've been with you on an occassion or 2 when we've laughed til the belly hurts! It's the best! Done the back 2 back movies w/kids and my mom! Love it! I too have basically a bucket list since I'm turning 40 in December and I better get going on it! Many things I've already done, but lot's more to do! And yes...you would be a fabulous event planner and probably ought to start doing it!

Shannon said...

I'm a day late, but I'm on it!
Good stuff!

The Patrona said...

I'd like to invite you to go see TWO movies, back to back. Tell Caylor he needs to babysit. I've always wanted to do this but don't have anyone to do this with. And, let's set a date to make some homemade bread. I've got a rockstar poppyseed one that is totally carbolicious!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

When is the double feature? I am in!!

Misty said...

I love your list and it's so great to find out these random things about people. For one, I never knew you were a teacher. Shan tagged me, so I just barely posted my tag. Check me out, I like to pick zits too! Wow, that is so gross!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I love your list! My DH and my twin sister both love to do movies back to back. It's great! One day on New Year's Day, my DH went to the movie theater for the first movie and stayed till the last showing of the last movie. It was A BLAST! I think we saw 6 movies that day! It was fab!
And the zit popping thing...hysterical! I could so do that myself!

AnneMarie said...

HA I loved reading the last fact. Jenni has that obsesstion too..she has always LOVED to pick zits. :)