Thursday, September 18, 2008

The visions of sugar plums? No...glitter!




One of my very favorite things to do is to have a little afternoon nap if I am totally wiped out. Today was such a day... I knew the kids were going to be home from school in 1 hour and the quietness of the house was too much temptation. I laid down and started to doze... I started thinking about all the things I could glitter... and how much I love spray glitter. Just before I fell from the cliff that makes me jump I found myself chuckling about the time Collette busted me with the glitter can INSIDE my house spraying my Christmas decorations that were already up. The wreath on my door? Sprayed with glitter WHILE on my door. I even love the glitter eyeliner at MAC that comes out every Thanksgiving. I buy enough to last throughout the year. So... in my moment of complete relaxation and utter peace... I found my little evil glitter mind working on my next glitter-fest. I think this is a problem. You know you are ADHD when you can't stop thinking about glitter even while falling asleep. I don't count sheep... I glitter them!

15 comments:

tammy said...

That is hilarious! Hi, my name is Amy and I'm a glitteraholic. As long as you don't start spraying your children with it, I think you're fine. How did I not know about spray glitter??

Anonymous said...

I know you and your eyeliner and how you do love! I just found a brand new gold one that I ordered for you before I stopped the avon gig! Maybe I should still send it! Whatya think?

Also, this whole glitter thing is addicting and a BIG FREAKIN MESS!! It gets EVERYWHERE!

Collette said...

you and that glitter- you know that is my favorite question to ask you "did you glitter that too?" even though i know the answer!!

tiburon said...

You freaking crack me up!

Anonymous said...

Dreaming of glittered sheep, that's freakin'fantastic! I did not know about glitter spray either, you so-o enlighten me. ;)

Vanessa said...

I heart you that much more because we wear the same makeup!

Mia said...

That is too funny! I love that you love glitter. I am afraid to admit I don't have anything with glitter on it, I better step up!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Where do you get your spray glitter? And next time you buy your glitter eyeliner, let me know. And you are the best! Goooooo Glitter! :)

Amy said...

Spray glitter is the bomb... I can't believe so many of you don't know what it is. I am so proud to introduce you to this wonderful invention. Spray glitter is located at any craft store near the spray paint. It usually has a glittery cap on it. I am so happy that you have all found such a wonderful thing. Go Glitter something wonderful!

Amy said...

Did I mention that glitter is WONDERFUL!

Suzie said...

There is truly an obsession for everyone. This post/confession PROVES that.


I have not been a fan of glitter after making my 6th float for my city's annual traditional town celebratory parade.
Seriously nauseating.
The glitter is still in my garage cracks after 7 freaking years.

Mindi said...

the only thing that could make this post any better is if it had SKULLS on it, too.

or a ed hardy shirt with tattoo sleeves--you KNOW i covet, right?

Misty said...

I totally need that sign!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Ah, a new something for me to LOVE. I love me some glitter and when I had more time, I could do me some glittering!

AnneMarie said...

The more glitter and bling - THE BETTER!!!!