Friday, October 17, 2008

Fabulous Fall...Caramel Apples!

One of my most favorite tastes of fall is a caramel apple. It is such a memory for me too. I don't think in the 70's mom's were allowed to just make caramel apples for the fun of it, there was some random rule that said they could only be made in the fall or purchased at lagoon or some other amusement park. At least that was how Viv rolled. Soooo... caramel apples are a favorite of mine- especially in the autumn. I know there are many wasy to get one...covered in M&Ms , nuts ( heaven forbid), white and milk chocolate, cinnamon, etc...but I am a purest when it comes to the apple caramel. Just caramel- nothing else. Last week while Crystal was in town we went to Gardner Village to see the witches. It was a perfect day- kindof chilly, darling witches, pumpkins galore and we topped it off with a caramel apple. It was so good I was sad we had shared one- I could have snarfed my own.

I wish I could say that these are my creations below...They're not! Mine would be a picture of bare-naked apples sitting in a puddle of caramel. In the past I have tried and always end up disappointed & driving to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory to get one. This year I am going to try it AGAIN. My darling bloggin' friend Tammy made them and posted the recipe. We'll see how it works- If not, I know the way to the RM Chocolate Factory!p.s. I knot how to decorate the sticks...wrap ribbon up the stick. See... I can embellish, just not make the most important thing.

These are Tammy's and you can find out how to make them by clicking here.
Wish me luck! If you have been successful at this venture...leave me a comment telling my how to make a mean caramel apple- instead of a clean carameless apple.

Have a fabulous fall weekend!

15 comments:

Devri said...

Funny, we made carmel apples last night, but they didn't look anything like those, Amy truly you are amazing girl...

Devri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Devri said...

Crapola~!!!! sometimes I hate blogger, or my computer, I don't know which to blame, maybe me ;0)

Vanessa said...

MMM, I'll have to give it a try. I have a bunch of apples that need to be put to good use!

Becky, yep said...

Best of luck Amy, REALLY. but then when you're at RMChoc, like I'll be, you've got to try the Apple pie Carmel apple! TO.DIE.FOR! Seriously!!!

Unknown said...

OHHHH, MY GOSH! Those look amazing. And I dont like carmel. I wonder if it is to late to make them now. 1:30am? Ummm Maybe. Tomarrow! Thanks for the idea...

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Holy cow Batman! THOSE APPLES LOOK DIVINE! Wish I was closer...I'd help eat them...I mean, er make them! :-)

Anonymous said...

I am a huge fan of caramel appples and of RMCF!

I have to say, I haven't put much effort into making them myself because I can never get that much caramel to stick either and if I am going to indulge...

Keep us posted though because the ones Tammy posted look quite delightful!

tammy said...

I love Gardner Village and especially now with all the witchypoos around. Where are the pics of you with the witches?? I know you took some.

tammy said...

And how did I slip down to #22 in the comments? That is just not right.

hannie bailey said...

Can't you just do it the ghetto fabulous way and buy the carmel wraps... thats how my mom rolled. You know, the flat circle of carmel and then you just wrap it around the apple on the stick, and then you can drizzle away with whatever embellishment of treats you would like. ...that's what i would do... well, because i am lazy when it comes to culinary things.

Jo said...

Those apples look amazing! Mine never look that appealing.

Jo

Becky, yep said...

Amy, did you try the apples yet...so easy and Oh man oh man, the best things EVER...dare I say 'better than Rocky Mountain's?

YEP!!!

tiburon said...

LOVE me some caramel apples! But I can never get them as good as RMCF!

Anonymous said...

seriously... YUM!