Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thankful Thursday...

This is what I am Thankful for this week:
1. UEA/ fall recces? I am a little unsure about how I feel about this at this point. We aren't really doing anything spectacular...so we will have to see. I can remember as a kid LOVING this holiday from school. My kids are excited about sleeping in and no homework. Frightmares is always a good activity during October... we'll have to see!
2. Modern times- It was the best of times, it was the worst of times! I am glad to live in a modern world with modern healthcare. My sister, Brandy, has been taken off house arrest (bedrest), and has been fully admitted to the hospital. She is 32.5 weeks pregnant. They need her to be at least 34 weeks so... she is there until she has him. I know she is going crazy...but I am so glad that modern medicine can help stop her labor.
3. Good Friends- The other night my friend, Collette, and I were making stars and we had such a fun time. We laughed so hard... I don't know if it was from sleep deprivation, glue fumes, spray paint fumes, or inhaled glitter...but we had a great time. The next morning the stars even looked good. A project is always more fun with someone to chat and laugh with.
4. Projects- I am in the middle of several crazy projects. I think my hyperactivity is getting the best of me lately. I am going to push to get a few things done and then I am going to read a book or just sit. Until then... there is no rest for the wicked.
5. No sports- Yes... you heard it right...NO SPORTS! Besides the constant football game that is on in the downstairs MAN CAVE... we are sports free. In other words- My kids aren't involved in ANY sports right now. Sadly, football ended for Mitch, and we don't play basketball so.... we are just sitting here with our ski passes in hand waiting for the snow to fall so our winter season can begin. (p.s. I need to say THEY are waiting with THEIR passes in hand... I am a lodge bunny & proud to sit in the lodge and read a book and drink hot chocolate- I do have a cute ski outfit though. All I need is a fake cast and my look is complete)
6. Bloggin' Friends- Thanks for reading my blog and making comments... I have been kindof a blurking slacker or in blog lingo... a blacker -because I haven't been commenting very much on your blog. I am sorry and I will resume next week-0 FOR SURE!
7. Another excuse to party...Twilight Tailgate pary- Let's have a blog fest at the movie. Grab your real life friends and mix in the blogging friends and have a twilight/ girlfriend extravaganza! I know Chalyce, Hannie, & Olivia are drumming up some fabulous prizes so lets all go party with them...November 20th, 11:00, Jordan Commons, click here for details.

19 comments:

tammy said...

Great list. And you are forgiven. I really should give myself a blogging timeout and get some things on my list done. I hope your sis makes it through these next couple weeks okay. Taylor was born early at 34.5 weeks, so I know what she's going through.

tiburon said...

Super fantastic list! I hope everything goes great with your sister!

Enjoy the long weekend :)

Misty said...

The day that Twilight comes out (Nov. 21) is my Anniversary, so I might have to spend it with my hubby and he would like to see the movie too.... Or else, I would probably join you at the Tailgate party.

Anonymous said...

great list!!!!

i wish there were more people who love TWILIGHT around here!

i'm alone in that obsession!!!

Letti said...

I love reading what you are thankful for. I am thankful that I found your blog and that you didn't go private.

Collette said...

great list- and i am so happy i made your list. it was fun, fumes and all. have a great weekend and i will be back to work on monday- does my shift start at 9 again?!!

Devri said...

no worries here, just did a week off the blog last week, and it was a much needed one. so take as long as you need, we are still here, and await for shining face (blog)

I just about died when I read you have a cute ski outfit but do not ski, Amy, you need to get a glitterific snowboard to stand next to you when you are drinking your cocoa, then your outfit will be complete.

I will pray for your sis.

rachel said...

I'll be right there with you in the lodge, fake cast and all :) I am not a snow sport girl. It sure looks beautiful though from in front of the fire with a nice big cup of hot chocolate :)

Michelle said...

Good list of things! Enjoy your "fall recess" weekend. I think I need to finally open the Twilight books that have been gathering dust in my office, so I can party with you at the Twilight tailgate party!

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

I LOVE Thankful Thursday! Its so refreshing to think of all of the wonderful things we are thankful for! I do wish I lived closer to all of you fun girls cause I would def crash your parites and invite myself to join!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous list! I sure hope your sister has an easy delivery. We miss you and can't wait to see more of you next week. Have a great weekend!

Vanessa said...

I'm glad I have you as my bloggin' friend!

Andrea W. said...

Loved your list, Amy. We are so excited to be lazy this weekend. I love it when my kids can sleep in and not do homework because that means I get to sleep in (sometimes) and not do help with homework and no carpool - yay!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Loved the list...and I am SO a lodge bunny! I'd be sitting right with ya...hot chocolate in hand and fake cast on foot. Yep, I would!

blah, blah by lindsey said...

what we do without modern healthcare. my sister in law is having to deal with things like with her baby and she is only 30 weeks.

The Patrona said...

What little projects are you up to now? I'm sure something fabulous, glamorous, and glittery! I can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

Great TT list! Awesome Christmas stars! Great blog! That sums it up right? Have fun with the kiddies home!

hannie bailey said...

thanks for the shout out for our party! WE HOPE ALL YOU FELLOW BLOGGERS CAN COME!!!

Mia said...

I love your list!!! I am pretty glad for doctors too. I hope that your sister Brandy is doing well.