Friday, January 9, 2009

Now I can be organized...

This was my Merry Christmas to Amy...love Amy.
Just before Thanksgiving I saw the greatest magnet/dry erase/calender and I wanted one so bad. The girl that had it said she got it from Ala' Board... & I was on a quest to have one. I found the website... but was a little dismayed that it was $189.00. I don't know if I could embezzle that kind of money right before Christmas for a calender. I set off trying to figure it out. I have to say right here that I hate it when people try to Relief Society everything ( ya know, make it themselves instead of just couging up the money for the real one that is cute)... I know the creators of Ala Board are the masters and creators of this...but, I just didn't have the mulah to buy one of theirs and I was interested in instant graitification.
This is my finished product. The month and dates are magnets...and it is a dry erase board. It probably isn't as great as the one from Ala' Board, but heck it was a lot cheaper and a little more custom...plus I added a little bit of glitter. Everything is better/cuter/fancier with glitter. Mine is 18 X 24 plus the frame and fits perfectly in my pantry. My sister, Brandy, and I made some for Christmas gifts and they were a hit! I gave one to my friend, Collette, for her birthday/Christmas and she loved it too. I guess it was a successful project.
Now.. there is no excuse for me to be unorganized... oh yeah, except for the fact that I am a dingbat and don't look at the calender... or forget to write it down...or just forget altogether.
But, at least the calender is cute!

17 comments:

Tiffany said...

Gorgeous! You need to sell these!

Anonymous said...

La-la-love it and what would one have to do to persuade you to sell these bad boys?! Or, I could tell you my birthday is in May. ;)

Seriously Amy, those are fab!

Kristina P. said...

You are officially part of my blogtourage! And that board is awesome. Clearly, you are much craftier than me, and can probably sew a button onto some pants.

You are going onto my Reader!

Omgirl said...

Christmas gifts...that's brillant! But knowing me, I better get started now. Please to email instructions?

Ashley said...

Hi, I came across your cute blog through the tipsy top girls and I love the board. My mom and sis both got those ala boards at swiss days in Midway and I wanted one so bad but couldn't afford it! Would you mind emailing me some instructions on how you did it. thanks
ashjones7@gmail.com

Vanessa said...

I tried to picture it in my head when you explained it to me. Thanks for posting a pic so I can get the full effect. AH-mazing as always!

tammy said...

Cutest calender evah! I had to laugh at the "relief society everything". So true. When I come to town I want to craft with Amy.

rachel said...

I can only live in the glory of your glitter...You are an amazing crafter!

The Humphreys said...

Can I just say that calendar is fabulous?! I need it! How did you make it?! I found your blog through my sister-in-law's blog. You are so creative!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

So cute! I love it! Makes me want to post my calendar that I made 6 years ago...I still love it after all these years. You are going to love having a calendar like that.


ps. I think you should put it out where it can be admired.

Suzie said...

That is truly awesome. Love it!

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

This is beautiful! Do you sell them?

veronica said...

Darling calendar!

I'm glad you stopped by my blog and left a comment! I originally found you through Tonya and Marla at Tipsy Top. I even saw some of your amazing creations at their open house. But the aprons were all sold out by the time I got there. :(

veronica said...

I mean Tonia (not Tonya) sorry!

Cassie said...

That is so dang cute. You should sell these...or post some instructions!

tiburon said...

That is beautiful! Well done :)

misty said...

this is awesome!!! love it!!! can you give step of how you made it please??? or maybe start making them so people could buy?!?!?

really again this is my favorite i've seen!

i came over from tanja page - hey there!