Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Word!

For about a month now I have been pondering 2009...
A bit ago my idol, Tanja, explained how her word for 2008 was "Be" and how she was trying to think of a new word for 2009.
I Love Words and so I was intrigued... I am usually not a New Years Resolution kind of girl...well because, I don't keep them...or I say something silly like " My New Years Resolution is to be as fat as possible next year at this time !" or I say something I already do so I can mark it off.
I began thinking what word I could adopt and make part of bettering my world for 2009.
Here it is:
It is not something that is a stretch...
I am interpreting it to fit my life...
It is a major importance in my happiness...
It could make my life easier...or just a lot more fun!
it is:


CELEBRATE:
Part of Speech:
verb
Definition:
1. To mark (a day or an event or even person) with ceremonies of respect, festivity, or rejoicing.
Synonyms:
commemorate, keep, observe, solemnize
2. To show joyful satisfaction in an event, especially by merrymaking.
Synonyms:
rejoice, revel
3. To pay tribute or homage to.
Synonyms:
acclaim, eulogize, exalt, extol, glorify, hail, laud, magnify, praise
This year I want to celebrate...
My Life
Husband, Kids, Family, Duties, Blessings,
Friends, Relationships, Hobbies, Talents...
My World!
Thanks Tanja for the inspiration to choose a direction. I usually try to have Fun in my life..but this is different. I want it to be even more than just fun... I love all the synonyms...
I think I love this word!
p.s. Laurie over at Tip Junkie is having a really great give-away associated with 2009 words... there are many fun words to read and think about...check it out here.

10 comments:

3boysohmy said...

I love everything about it! Your word is perfect!
I love your blog, it is way cute; I look like a red neck compared to you!!! You will have to give me your tips on all the links and fun stuff you do, I have no clue, I'm a rookie!!!
It was great seeing you over the holidays, I will be following you and checking in on your world!

tammy said...

Love your word. I see everyone's words and think oh I should pick that one too. But then I end up not picking any. And of course Luvpilot thinks my word is always and forever 'shop'.

Vanessa said...

I love that one! After I incorporate my 'self discipline', I can 'celebrate!'

Anonymous said...

I want in, on the celebration that is! You put so-o much love and effort into everything you do I can only imagine the possiblilities you'll have with this one word. I love it and I will cheer you along the way!~

I am looking forward to "celebrating" meeting up...finally! ;)

Mia said...

I have loved everyone's words that they are putting up and the way that they are applying them to their own lives. I think Celebrate is wonderful and so positive! Great pick.

Collette said...

GREAT WORD- I NEED TO THINK OF ONE! LOVE THE LOOK OF THE NEW BLOG!

Mindi said...

MY WORD: amywhore. i have been an official amywhore since 1987. and proud of every minute.


I LOVE AND VALIDATE YOU!!!!!!

YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE!!!!

YOU ARE THE WIND BENEATH MY WINGS!!!

YOU ARE THE MEANING IN MY LIFE! YOU'RE THE INSPIRATION!!


i wuv you.

Devri said...

I love that everyone is taking a theme word for the year.. great pick.... I know that just sounded like all the rest of the gals.. sorry but it is true.

queenbee4 said...

I love love love this word. I wish I had thought of it. I need to celebrate more. My word isn't as fun as this one. I'm jealous.

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

Hi Amy. I have your pendant ready to ship. I just need your address. :)