Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Own Project 365...well kindof

I need it stated for the record that I am not a scrapbooker!
But... when I read about this on Tammy's blog something clicked in my head. I though this would be a great way to practice taking better pictures, document my family for a year, be creative, and be able to look back on 2009 and appreciate all I have.
VERY GOOD INTENTIONS...
I was pumped and committed...
NO DICE!
They sold out in the first 35 seconds!
But... I was still pumped and committed...so I decided to do it myself.
Now it probably won't be as cute... or as easy... and I won't get the darling storage boxes to use for other things later.... But I did it for the first 4 days in January.
I only have 11 more before it is a habit, right?

Here is my little version. I am going to change up the layout each month...
It was pretty fun to do, although my man laughed at me for wanting to take a photo everyday...but he did take the one of he and Mitch at the ski resort. Maybe this will a family thing. Hopefully I can keep it up. If I do... I will post next weeks pages to show how a full week will look.
Wish me Luck!

12 comments:

tammy said...

Great idea! My sister was one of the lucky ones to get the kit, but I didn't even try because I wasn't sure I'd follow through with it. I like how you're doing it anyway. And I love how you went out to eat after church because you "just couldn't bare to cook". That should be my excuse more often.

Mia said...

For not being a scrapbooker, it looks fantastic! I love your page and I love the idea. I think it is a great way to journal the family comings and goings!

Lisa Provstgaard said...

Seriously Amy, you wear me out, but I love stalking your blog! Good luck on your project...btw..I found a pic of your mom and dad from 1984 on the Colorado River Trip we took with them. I gave it to Susan for a good laugh. You'll love it! Linford didn't even know who it was :)
Happy New Year
Lisa

Vanessa said...

Since you are such a trendsetter, and I can never come up w/any of my own ideas, I'm once again copying yours. Very cute idea! I love it! It's only day 5 of Jan, I'm not too far behind!

Michelle said...

My sister was also one of the few who was able to buy the kit. It sounds like they're trying to order more from the manufacturer because of the huge demand. But I think it's a great idea and I love what you've created so far! You always do an amazing job with the digital scrapbooking!

BTW, my sister loves the apron I bought from you!

Margo said...

Amy I love your "week 1" layout! Such a fabulous idea! I wish, wish, wish I was that creative BUT...I'm not!

Anonymous said...

You have mad skills!

I need to take five minutes and figure out which way I am going with this or go and buy that Adobe Photoshop.

I love how you made light out of a crappy "no dice" situation! You keep me inspired...

Collette said...

what a great idea, that is really cute! good luck!

Kristen said...

Gorgeous! I don't think I could keep up and would just feel guilty about it all the time.

rachel said...

Love that layout! Will you print them?

Devri said...

That is a great idea... I heart your page.

Shannon said...

Amy, I new you were talented, but i didn't know you were a scrapper!
So cute!