Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Food, Blogging, Drinking, Eating...what could be better?

This past weekend I was in sunny, but cold, St. George at a baseball tourney... the ride down and back was consumed with this little jewel... Julie & Julia- My year of Cooking Dangerously

This is a memoir of Julie Powell and her quest to figure out her life. She takes on the "project" of cooking every recipe in Julia Child's recipe book, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, in one year. It is hilarious! She debones a duck, murders lobster, and all the while is blogging about it. This took place in 2002...she blogged before blogging was really popular. Now her story is being made into a movie starring Meryl Streep. I am so curious about Julia Child now, I want to find some old TV reruns of her show. I didn't know she was 6'2". Who knows maybe I will master the art of French Cooking...NOT! This is a great read! There are so many wonderful passages about the ups and downs of blogging... funny culinary disasters... and just funny life happenings. You can still read the blog here
P.S. Thanks Chalyce for the book! LOVED IT!
Enjoy!

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That sounds like such a fun book! I love watching cooking shows and reading recipes.

Devri said...

Now that is a book I could put my nose into. thanks

tammy said...

I hadn't heard about that book, and you know how much I love to read so thanks for sharing!

veronica said...

Thanks for the tip! I'm looking forward to reading it!
I just checked the Davis County Library On-line System and they have 4 copies so I put one on hold.
(I'm kind of a geek that way.)

queenbee4 said...

I have never heard of this book... It looks like something I need to read!

Amy said...

P.S. I need to warn that she talks somewhat like a sailor... as does her mother... Not excessive, but there are some words that aren't allowed in PG movies!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I loved seeing you on Sunday, I'm glad you came. I once heard that Julia Child didn't even get into cooking until the age of 39. Wow...that is crazy to me, I love hearing it too, because it means that it is not too late for any of us to find the one thing we are passionate about.

Vanessa said...

Sounds like a good one. I'll have to get to it AFTER I finish Shop-a-holic and Breaking Dawn. Blogging gets in the way of my reading :)

Mandi Shandi said...

I've been looking for my next book. I may have to go get this one. Thanks for the suggestion.

Creations from my heart said...

I'll have to see if they have it at the library. We have many roads trips for baseball tounements. It was nice to read your blog. Blessings...Sherry

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good read and I could always learn a few new French things!

The Patrona said...

You and me, and the movie! Can't wait!