Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Yellow!

Today I followed Tiburon's lead and did the color test. I have known about this for years...since I was in high school and I sooooo believe in it. The first time I took it I was 98.9% yellow. When I was teaching school red became a little more of my personality, but I have always been mostly yellow. I have a little bit of blue and usually NO white at all. This little online test that I did today doesn't give you your % of the other colors, just the dominant one! If you aren't familiar with this... you need to take it. It is really funny. I bought the book and think it is so right on!
Yellows (Motive: Fun) 85.13%
Yellows are motivated by Fun. They are inviting and embrace life as a party that they're hosting. They love playful interaction and can be extremely sociable. They are highly persuasive and seek instant gratification. Yllows need to be adored and praised. While yellows are carefree, they are sensitive and highly alert to others' agendas to control them. Yllows typically carry within themselves the gift of a good heart ( this was my profile from the test...below is my own take on it...)
Each color has good and not so good qualities... here are all the colors and some basics of each:
Red: motivated by power... very organized and business-like, self starters, but sometimes a little too power hungry.
Yellow: Motivated by FUN! The party of life! Lots of fun, very charismatic, quite positive... sometimes a little shallow, centered on instant gratification, and flighty...not too organized.
Blue: Motivated by relationships. Very loyal... and worried about people. Very dutiful and worried about doing the right thing. Sometimes can be too hung up on the task and can also be self-righteous.
White: Motivated by Peace. Peace-keepers... want to be left alone and DO NOT want any conflict at all! These are sometimes very creative and seem to be in a world all their own. The down side to this color is they are silently stubborn... you CAN not force them to do anything they don't want to do...
Thi is such a fun little test, but also has really helped me in my relationships with people. My man is a red/blue combo... that with a yellow is interesting. The book even talks about different colors and their relationships. I am not a self-help reader ( it just isn't fun enough for me..haha), but this book is awesome.
P.S. Tiburon was red... go over to her blog and read her profile...

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm one of those do-gooder blues. With a little yellow thrown in.

Andrea W. said...

I took this years ago and was WHITE with a lot of blue and then yellow, but not 1 red. I need to retake this now and hopefully I've picked up a little bit of red and more yellow. Your result doesn't surprise me one bit, after all you are the hostess with the mostess and the party girl most of us only dream of being :) I love it.

Vanessa said...

I started to take it this morn...I need to finish.

Chanda said...

I'm a red - not sure that's a good thing.

tammy said...

I started to take it too, then didn't finish it because I had to leave. It says to answer how you were as a child, and I'm not sure I can remember that far back! Did you answer how you were then or how you are now?

Amy said...

Answer as to what you can somewhat remember...

Da Bergs said...

OH, yeah... I am yellow too, almost TOO yellow, LOL (but I do have red in me too)

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

You are a Party Girl! I knew it. I am red mixed with blue. I do think that I have a bit of yellow, but I don't have much white, that's for sure.

tiburon said...

Doesn't surprise me ONE BIT that you are yellow.

It seems like all my friends are. I surround myself with the yellows.

I think it keeps me mellow ;)

The Patrona said...

From one yellow to another-rock on!

The Patrona said...

P.S. I'm just here for the party.