Friday, February 20, 2009

My life with Meg...

Yesterday was Meg's 1st grade PATRIOTIC program at school...
We knew the songs...
We had the red shirt, denim blue sparkly mini, white sparkly tights and cute boots...
we had practiced the part...
&
My stupid camera was about out of batteries so I only got a few LAME pictures.
When will I learn?
The very best part of the whole thing was the convesation we had as we were getting Meggie ready for school...
Meg: Mom, I am so tall I have to be on the top row.
Me: That is great, Meg... That way everyone can really see you.
Meg: No... the best place is the bottom row- that way the audience can see your whole outfit!
I am so proud!
I told Caylor that little story and he made sure he told her how he could see her whole darling outfit... He is the best dad ever!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That story makes me proud, good work Amy!

Kuddos to Caylor for being the best Dad ever!

Vanessa said...

I'm glad she knows what is most important. You have taught her well!

Suzanne Lancaster said...

I'm tall too. That's what I always thought, but never said - that's STILL what I always think, and never say!! Thanks Meg, for giving me the courage:)

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

She is sooo your daughter! Love it!

When she gets to be our age, she will realize that being tall is a blessing and that the back row is best because you can hide your body better. :)

Mandi Shandi said...

She is clearly your daughter, and I love it! She is adorable and I bet she stole the show from the back row!

Courtney said...

She makes me laugh!

tammy said...

At least she knows what's important.

Crissybug said...

That is so cute. It is funny how early our little girls want to look good with the perfect outfit!

tiburon said...

She is 100% her mother's daughter. And I dig that.

melissa marie said...

Hi I found your blog through the tipsy top. I love the calendar board that you made a while back. Did you buy that dry erase board like that (and where?) or how did you get the pattern on there. Your blog is darling!

you can e-mail me at crazyboutdance@hotmail.com