Saturday, March 28, 2009

19 years...Really?

19 years really?
I am going to let you all know just how very old I am...
19 years ago I was a Freshman at College and was on the drill team!
Made such fun friends and had such a great time!
Fast forward 19 years to NOW...
Some of us connected on Facebook and decided it was high time we got together...
Since my house is kind of centrally located (and I volunteered) we all met at my house!
So. Much. Fun!
Here is the little invitation I sent out...
I know there are weird brown things on it... but, I am in the witness protection program and can't divulge my personal information...
Here we are 20 years later...
Karla, Amy, Sarah, Tracy, Deena, Monica, Me, & Megan
We were missing a few, but we will catch them next time!
Megan drove all the way from St. George and then turned around and went back.
She wins the award for the most effort made...

Here are a few pics of the buffet... minus some of the food
It was so fun to use my new copper chafing dishes! Yahoo!

We looked at old photo books, watched a video (scary), laughed at all our BIG 80's hair, ate, saw pics of our kids (32 between us all), and got all caught up with each other...
We just didn't want it to end!
It is amazing how fast time flies...
It seems like just a few years ago we were all at Dixie College!
Thanks to everyone for making the effort to come...
Let's do it again soon!

11 comments:

tammy said...

How fun. So I wanna know what exactly did you have in your chafing dishes, and when are we having a blog party at Amy's house?

Suzie said...

This is so awesome! I love that you stay in touch and go to the effort all for friendship.

And seriously amazing spread! Love the copper chafing dishes.

Kendra said...

Everyone looks so good - I wish i could have been there, but that just gives us an excuse to plan another one=) I love your copper chafing dishes too!

mCat said...

Every one of you are cutie-patooties! I can see why you were all drill team!

Mandi Shandi said...

Looks like you had such a great time! I love getting together with my old sorority sisters. By the way, your kitchen is GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

How fun reconnecting with old friends! Love the copper chafing dishes too, what a nice set up and I agree with Tammy...about the blog partay!

kado! said...

WOW...looks like so much fun...and the place looked great!!! Love how it was all set up...beautiful!

Brandy said...

HARLOT! Looks like the party was a big hit...It always is, I am so glad you go some VIV in ya

Becky said...

This looks like so much fun!!!! What a cute invitation.

Sue said...

What a great idea. All of you are so beautiful.

Am in luv with the copper chafing dishes..They would match my copper counter top!

Margo said...

Can I come to the next one please? I was a Rebelette freshman year...so much fun even though I was married already...lol!