Monday, March 9, 2009

Does it get any better?

Does it really get any better than this?
I might have seen the movie a few times... let's talk about a few things...

The movie is definitely different than the book... I went with low expectations because I loved the books sooo much! I was pleasantly surprised! The movie is great, especially if you haven't read the book.

I still love the books... especially because there are 5 of them and the joy will last longer than 2 hours.

Could Isla Fisher be any more perfect to play Becky Bloomwood? I think not!

I want to dance with fans!

I recognized her feelings when she says that shopping makes her feel warm and wonderful- shopping makes the world seem right. YIKES... guilty of some of those same feelings...

I think I need to see this again and then go shopping... and soon!

P.S. I happened to go to the new Nordstrom this weekend.... Oh my beautiful store! I felt like I was in a dream. You should see the shoe department. I am headed back on Wednesday to really check it out and to have lunch with a girlfriend... It just doesnt' get any better than a beautiful new Nordstrom.

13 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I actually have a gift card to Nordstroms, so I will have to check out the new one and spend some money!

tiburon said...

I heart Nordstrom.

I haven't seen the movie yet though. I am a loser. :(

mCat said...

Gotta love the Nordstroms!! And no to the movie. Can't get into it. I know, I'm a freak!

Anonymous said...

The shoe department is to die for! It's gi-normous. Bring your honey's latest paycheck as you will find a way to spend it.

I was suppossed to go and see that movie tonight and we had to postpone that plan for next week. So very bummed.

P.S. Check your e-mail!

Unknown said...

I wondered if the movie would be any good. I'm just reading the book right now and I keep catching myself laughing out loud! I love it!

Vanessa said...

New Nordstrom's? I'm there.

PS, Love Isla Fisher in the movie!

tammy said...

You and me together with Becky Bloomwood in real life is the only way it could get any better.

Suzie said...

I love the books so much that i am afraid to go see the movie.
I made a plan though, and your post secures it. I will go with low expectations and knowing that it will be different.

:)Can't wait to go to the new Nordstrom.

Misty said...

I have yet to see it or read it, but can't wait. :)

collette said...

I haven't seen the movie yet. Can you believe it??? I'm thinkin' that you need to see it again on Friday! With me & my sis! After lunch and before shopping at the new Nordy's!

Brandy said...

I love love loved the movie!!!You are definatly a shopper I can vouch for that..But I think you thrive on spending other peoples money..( I know because I am a VICTUM!)

the glendenning family said...

Okay I Loved the books and the Movie! But I wanted her to have an English accent and where was the English Humor? But how can you not Love Shopping, shopping and shopping???? Courtney called last friday and was wishing that her Mom and sisters were there shopping at the new Nordstroms...I guess I just need to make a trip to SLC to see the new store. My husband keeps saying that there is a recession? What?
So I'm trying not to go shopping but the movie makes it so hard to not want to go!!!!

Cole said...

I love shopping, it relaxes me and makes me a better wife and mommy. My husband doesn't get that yet.