Monday, March 2, 2009

My Wild Saturday Re-cap...

Saturday... Whew! What a day... What an unusual day!
They day started out like any other... running kids to various sporting events, practices, etc.
Caylor then took Meg on a skiing Daddy/ Daughter day... they had so much fun, but forgot the camera... My friend Sandy and I took Natalie away from the hospital for a few hours and we all went to see "Confessions of a Shopaholic"... LOVED IT! Natalie was glad to get out for a little bit of fun and we had a great time. Good news... Natalie and her baby, Falicity, got to leave the hospital on Sunday and go back to St. George... I think they were both really glad to get to go home...especially to a nice, new apartment!
The interesting part of the day actually became the interesting part of the evening. I have a former high school class mate that I found on Facebook that is now a Drag Queen... He was Scott Wilson.. mild mannered high school student...
Now....
He is Syren Vaughn Drag Queen extraordinaire! My friend Melissa went to the nightclub, Bliss ( formerly known as THE BAY) on Saturday night. It was gay/lesbian night and the reason we went was to see Syren and her other friends from Vegas perform.
Let me just tell you... Syren is quite the woman!
Melissa, her brother Christian, her two cousins, & I had a great time. We danced and watched, and had so much fun. Most definitely a new experience for me!

15 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That is awesome!! Haha!

Mindi said...

seriously. so mad that i wasn't there. you tried to tell me......WHAT was i thinking?

he is freaking AWESOME. way to bring it, baby!

veronica said...

Syren has WAY better make-up skills than I do.

Chanda said...

Whoa! Maybe I will join Facebook if those are the kind of adventures awaiting me. ;)

Mandi Shandi said...

Look at that foxy lady! I used to work with a guy that was a drag queen and a bunch of us went to see him perform a couple times. Amazing. So glad to see/hear that Natalie is doing so well and has a new apt. Awesome.

Vanessa said...

I'm with Veronica. Next time he is in town, can he have a makeup tutorial with all of us? Thanks Syren.

Anonymous said...

do you think, you should call both names in one posting

Devri said...

That hair.. holy crap!

Amy said...

Zoe... sorry if I offended! I was just stating the before and the after. I am unsure of what is P.C.- My bad!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

O.M.Goodness!! That is uhmazing! I bet you feel a bit outdone in the eyeshadow department...let's get him er, I mean her. :)

tammy said...

Veronica and Vanessa said exactly what I was thinking - lol.

Cute baby. I'm glad she has help.

Anonymous said...

That is a ca-razy weekend! Gotta love the before and after pics on that wo-man.

I am happy to hear that the little one is out of the hospital and feeling better!

the glendenning family said...

Wow...What a crazy day...Sounds like the baby and Mom are doing good. You and Viv are amazing. Let me know how i can help. Loves...finally posted check it out!

tiburon said...

Does he/she perform at Lucky Changs?

He/she looks familiar...

Misty said...

All I have to say is....WOW!