Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Home again, home again... jiggity jig!

Whew! I am home! Hip Hip Hurray! It is true what they sing...
"Be it ever so humble...there is no place like home!"
The bad part of this whole thing...laundry, suitcases, exhausted kids, lack of funds.
All in all... we had a fabulous time in Sin City!
Baseball was fun! It was nice to have weather that somewhat resembled spring, and we got to shop a little.
Friday night the games ended early, Viv took Jacks and Meg back to St. George, Mitch hung out with the team... so Caylor and I went out on the town!
We went to dinner at New York, New York and then hit the Piano Bar at Times Square.
HILARIOUS!
Here are a few things I learned:
There is no weight limit to wear a little black strappy dress.
( one set of spaghetti straps were working over time...not pretty)
It is okay to get on the piano and dance. ( not me... some drunk chick from Canada)
Plastic cups are good for two things. 1- drinking from 2- puking into
( This particular cup was used for both...minutes apart...really drunk guy sitting next to us- kept trying to buy Caylor and I drinks to "loosen us up"... he was a bit too loose)
I am not a gambler... I would rather shop than throw my money into some machine...lost forever!
I am not as young as I used to be and staying up until 3 am is not good for me...
The Las Vegas strip is a fun place to spend a very little amount of time.
It was a great weekend!

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Glad you had a great time!

And I am so with you on the shopping vs. gambling thing. I would much rather have something to show for my spending money.

Mindi said...

'one set of straps were working overtime'--bawahahahahahhahha!!

i am jealous that i wasn't sitting next to you to make all the catty comments that you know i would have made. come down this weekend!

Martha H. said...

My dad always says there should be a law against "stretching fabric that far" whenever he sees someone wearing something they shouldn't be. I can only imagine the strain on the spaghetti straps. Yikes. Sounds like you had fun, though, and that's always a good thing.

Vanessa said...

Night on the town w/no kids?? Sounds like a dream. Puking/straps and all!

mCat said...

Sounds like a BLAST! I can gamble for oh, maybe 30 minutes, then I'm bored and would rather do something else. And my idea of gambling is the nickle slots. I know, I'm a big player

Kendra said...

You have totally recapped all of my vegas trips in one little blog. Hilarious!

Da Bergs said...

Glad you had a fun trip!!!

And, I am totally with you, I would way rather shop then throw my money away!

Anonymous said...

So very envious, I love all of it from the strip, to the shopping!

And, what I love even more, is the little side trip stop in St. George to meet up with my fave bloggers!;)

tammy said...

All good things to know.

Shopping vs. gambling? You know how I stand.

kourtney said...

welcome home! Laughing at Mindi's comment.

Mandi Shandi said...

Glad you made it back safely and it sounds like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for the reminder on why going to a bar once in a while is enough for me now. Those little tidbits of info. made me feel like I was right back at a sorority formal!