Monday, May 4, 2009

Oh.. the places you'll go!

My little apron is all grown up...
You know how designers and clothing people like stars to wear their stuff...
Well...
Last week I made an apron for my friend, Margie...
( ya' know my famous scrapbooking friend...do I sound like a name dropper, good!)
It was super sassy...zebra, pink, and green!
She wanted it because she had a few scrapbooking events and for once didn't have to wear a corporate apron...
She wore it to St. Louise and met with the one and only, Mary Englebreit...
( who sent her assistant over to tell Margie she like the apron)
And then she wore it to Atlanta...
They were having a big auction for breast cancer awareness...
and
she sold the apron for $400.00
Yes that is 4 FRANKLINS, HUNSKIES, WHATEVER!
She also sold one yet to be made for $260.00
AMAZING... it is just my little apron!
It was a sassy apron, a great personality, and a good cause!
This is Margie and the babe that "won" the apron...
Overall they raised $4000 for TATAs
Great work!

14 comments:

tammy said...

Holy cow. You're gonna be too rich and famous to be my friend. At least I have an original. Hmmm....wonder what I could get for it? ; )

Anonymous said...

I am with Tammy, now I know someone famous! Just for the record...my apron mine is way too cute to sell or auction off.

However, I just might have to bring it back with me on my next visit to get is autographed!

Da Bergs said...

Okay, Okay, I WANT ONE!!! BUT, I cant afford 400 buckaroos!!! What DO you charge for normal people??? LOL (seriously, that is AWESOME!)

Mia said...

That is sooo cool! Congrats Amy :)

Vanessa said...

When you are rich and famous apron designer to the stars, I hope you'll remember all us little people!

Mandi Shandi said...

Glad to say I knew you when... I am not surprised that it went for that. You have such a knack for color combos. It is obvious in all of your posts. Congrats on being a part of something so worthwhile!

mCat said...

I never thought I would say this but...... I want an apron!!

Not that I'll ever cook or anything like that but hey, it's HAWT!

Martha H. said...

That is so cool! You go girl!

I know I certainly love MY apron.

kado! said...

WOW!!!! I SO want a super cute HOT apron like those...I hinted it to my husband that for Mother's Day I'd love a cute sexy one...I'm not sure if he understood correctly...I might end up with a plain 'ol boring store one...that I'll never wear=(

Mindi said...

i'm putting mine up for auction on ebay even as we speak.

my favorite part of that post? the BOOB GRAB. awesome.

Brandy said...

I love my Halloween one you made me!!What can I say you are GIFTED!

Gretchen said...

Amy...You never fail to AMAZE me!! You are just simply AMAZING!! That is so, so cool. You'll have to make aprons galore now!!

The Patrona said...

i think you have made your mark on the world, Sister! You rock.

tiburon said...

Wowsa! That is FAN FREAKING TASTIC!!

Way to go lil apron. Don't forget the little people ;)