Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I heart my new Kindle!

I am not a real techy kind of girl...
Until this Christmas!
I am entering the 21st century... just a decade late.
I got rid of my ghetto phone for an iphone...
I got a wacom tablet for my computer...
AND my new love is my KINDLE!
I was hesitant at first... I love books.
I love the paper, the smell, Barnes and Noble... just not the space books take up after reading.
I know I could check them out at the library... but I don't.
Last year I read 33 books... I decided this year I am striving to read 52 AND do laundry too...
This should be interesting!
My mom and dad gave me a Kindle for Christmas... I think I am in love.
I have still got to really learn all the ins and outs... but it is going to be a good thing for me.
I still will go to Barnes and Noble to peruse the selection... decide... look at the covers...smell the pages. Then I will just order it right up on my KINDLE!
I am already 2 and 1/2 books down... only 49 1/2 to go.
Wish me luck...
My 2010 books are on my Goodreads book shelf widget on my sidebar...
(Oh, and my laundry is even mostly caught up... January and resolutions are so great!)
p.s. If anyone has any suggestions of must reads... let me know!

10 comments:

tiburon said...

Oooo I am a little jealous. I have been going back and forth about this little gem.

It has come very highly recommended.

Now if I just read...

tammy said...

I am the same as you on this. Blaine wanted to get me one last year, but I wouldn't have it. Just something about having that book in your hands, and on your shelves, but this year I decided to give it a try. I think one of the things that sold me on it is that it will read to you (some books anyway), so when we're on roadtrips and I can't read in the car without getting carsick, my Kindle can read to me.

I still have a stack of new release hardbacks I need to get through before I'll start on my Kindle, but I'm excited! As long as I don't drop it in the tub or pool!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Well, you jumped in with both feet!
Looks like you are having fun.
Congrats on the laundry!

Collette C. said...

We love our Kindles. We got them last year for Christmas and also gave them to our kids. I've gotten kind of hooked on Jodi Picoult books; she's a little edgy, but good. I want to be a techy grandma. This year I got a MacBook - another thing I love.

Martha H. said...

I have been debating on getting a Nook (Barnes and Nobles version of the Kindle that will let you lend books to your friends with Nooks), but I also love to hold and feel the books. I'm just waiting for a lending service (like the library). I think that would clinch it for me.

Anonymous said...

That little gadget may just make me want to get into reading! Too cool.

Hey, I wanted to ask you if you're going to be in town the first week of February?

Mae Rae said...

ooh, it sounds like a great item. If it would work for my husbands catalogs i would by him one.

Keri said...

Amy, how do you get that Goodreads bookshelf widget on your sidebar? I need a little lesson on blogging...

Mandi Shandi said...

Kindle is my maiden name and I always joked that I needed one for that reason alone. I LOVE to read, but finding time is an issue as I'm sure you know first hand. Keep us posted on how you like it and I may have to cave and get one. I would miss Barnes and Noble!

Chanda said...

I"m tempted by the Kindle, but I don't know if I can make the jump. I love books too much.

I LOVED "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. Also "The Invisible Wall" by Harry Bernsein. And if you haven't read "The Hunger Game" books yet, jump on the band-wagon now.

I'm gonna send you a goodreads friend request. I heart that website!