Monday, January 18, 2010

20 years? Really?

Friday I was folding laundry and began channel surfing to help entertain me in my trying hour...
I came across Pretty Woman on Lifetime...
They were celebrating 20 years of Pretty Woman!
20 years? Really?
I was magically thrown back through time to my freshman year in college...
Oh... I think we all saw this 10 times in the theater...
The soundtrack...LOVED IT!
It was the first time I had heard of the Red Hot Chili Peppers... Who woulda thunk it!
I especially loved that her name was Vivian and his Edward... Those are my parents names.
My sisters and I have used the Kit DeLuca, " Yo, Viv babe." many a time.
Loved the story...
But I really LOVED her clothes the most...
I can totally remember searching for a polka dot dress like this one... and I so wanted to wear a hat...
My sister, Jody, had an outfit like it and she rocked it!
I really wanted an orange linen short outfit like she wore when Kit came to visit and uttered the famous line... Cinder-freakin'-rella.
Ahhh... I so enjoyed the scene where she spent an obscene amount of money...
And picked up a tie for Edward... then modeled it later!
But the best line was, " Don't you work on commission? You wouldn't help me yesterday... Big Mistake... Huge?"
After seeing this movie... I really wanted to love Opera... I really wanted the chance to attend the opera in San Francisco... in a lear jet!
I almost got teary when the Roxanne song, Must of been Love, played as she is riding in the back of the limo.. going home.
It was a most pleasant afternoon spent folding clothes...
I loved this movie so much I actually went to Target and bought the DVD...
I had it on VHS, but well... you know how technology is... OBSOLETE!
I can't believe it has been 20 years... but it was still as great as it was when I first saw it...
It has stood the test of time... I still LOVE IT!

12 comments:

Mae Rae said...

I cannot believe it has been 20 years either. The car rides "like it is on rims". oh that is the only movies not written for children under the age of 10 that I know most of the lines to.

tammy said...

I could've written this post. I felt exactly the same way....wanted a brown polka dot dress, loved the line she told the store clerks, loved the music...all of it! What a fun thing to do on a snowy day. (Other than read Mindi's CB).

kado! said...

wow..20 years!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

It was a great show.......and Richard Gere........yummy!

Mandi Shandi said...

I CAN NOT BELIEVE it has been 20 years! Time flies. This was one of my favorite movies then, and still is. A real classic in my book!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

20 years?! That's crazy! Oh how I loved and will always love that movie. My sister had a b/w polka dot dress like her brown one. I loved it!

ps. I got a call from your cute cousin...How fun!!

Collette said...

one of my favorite movies ever!! still remember seeing it the first time! 20 years ago really? we are getting old!!

Anonymous said...

20 years, where doesa the time go? It's still one of my all time favorites to this day. Love it!

tiburon said...

20 years? How the heck did that happen?

The biggest thing I learned from Pretty Woman? You shouldn't neglect your gums.

Can't wait to see you Saturday :)

Brandy said...

Favorite Line"CINDA-F'N-RELLA"

The Patrona said...

Such a classic. In the meanwhile, i'll go back to Ester Williams, where I belong. Because I am a trash bin, and I'm sure you'll already be there.

Love you.

Vanessa said...

I named my daughter after a hooker. Dammit.