Monday, March 1, 2010

The Uniform...

Today's post is all about fashion/lingo...
This pic is of a uniform- and no its not me.. it is my fatter, uglier twin
Let me explain...
I love to wear "uniforms" in the winter...
especially on cold winter days when I stay home.
I have been know to throw on some cute earrings and some fashion flat shoes ( or on snowy days...sigh-UGGS)and venture out in a uniform. I am realizing that it might not be the best fashion choice, but comfort & warmth rule.
I am not wearing baggy elastic at the bottom sweats with one of my man's t-shirts... but I know I am only a few steps away.
It all started the winter of 1990...
my cousin, Teisha, and I lived in an apartment together.
I was going to Dixie College and she was going to Beauty School... and we both worked at restaurants until about 10 or 11 at night.
We loved to be together and laugh and since that was our only time we hung out and goofed off until about 3 am. We drank lots of coke and basically just sat around and made each other laugh. She had a missionary and was in nun status and my boyfriend, Caylor, lived in Salk Lake. No need to impress-It was cold... it was winter... we wore sweatsuits. We didn't want to do laundry and we didn't have 7 different sweat suits SO... we wore the same thing every night from about 10-3... hence the name... UNIFORM. We probably wore the same ones for at least 10 days unless we spilled something on it or laughed so hard we wet our pants. I think it was picked up from a heap by our beds too... no need to hang anything up or fold it! I think we laughed so hard those few months- we had abs of steel!
When spring hit we moved home so we could buy spring and summer clothes... so it was a few choice cherished months of uniforms, late nights, frozen yogurt, hilarity (I just made that up) and diet coke.
That was many moons ago.. but the name UNIFORM and the love still remains.
I know they are not the most flattering things, but boy do I love me a good uniform. The uniform of choice is usually black velour- it is soooo slimming. HA! Here is to Teisha(the funniest girl in the world), Velour, lots of Coca-COla, and cold winter nights laughing our sweatsuit covered butts off...
Ahhh.. the good old days!

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

Thank you for explaining "The Uniform" to me. I couldn't figure out what the heck you were talking about the other day. I have couple uniforms too. It helps with the denial of being fat.

tammy said...

I love my uniforms too. I even have one with bling on it. That is my dress up uniform.

{BTW - got my cute candy today! Love it!}

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Ya, I wear uniforms too....they look like jammies.

Brandy said...

Uniform!!!!(CLASSIC)

Cathy said...

I didn't know you had a blog either!!! Now I am stalking you too! I added you to the list of blogs I follow!

The Patrona said...

Jeans, black turtleneck, cowboy boots, and blingy earrings. A lock everyday of the week...when i'm not gestating.

Now, should we all be 20 pounds skinnier, it could be the velour sweat suit. But for now, those are for trophy wives...