Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Gooney Bird Greene?

Gooney Bird Greene? NO... Meggie!
This is the day Meg has been waiting for all. year. long.
Gooney Bird Green dress up day.
Her teacher read the books to them aloud in school and Meg has absolutely LOVED them!
I think GBG is the Pippi Longstockings of this generation- How I LOVED Pippi! I wanted to go to Villa Villekulla and hang with Tommy and Annika and Mr. Nelson!
I need to read the books and get caught up on pop culture- 2nd grade 2010 style.
Meg tells me all the time I am so out of it!

Her outfit consisted of leggins, Pants cut off at different lengths, hiking boots, a ballet tutu, underarmor, her swimming suit top, a bright shrug, different socks ( GBG doesn't feel comfortable in matching socks... I heard this all morning) and a diamond ring. Meg was so mad I didn't have long black gloves just hanging around... If she would have told me... I would have! GBG wears under wear on her head, but the teacher put the brakes on that idea. Meg was so excited and I was glad that she was loving the character from a book. Yeah reading...
ps I have read 11.5 of my 52 books this year!
I am still a bookworm and it all started with Pippi Longstocking!

8 comments:

margie said...

little sass pipe!
love it!
kiss kiss
m

alpinekleins said...

Love the outfit - happy gooney bird greene day! I have a whole list of books I'm tryin' hard to get too!

Kristin

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That's so cute! I love it!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That's so cute! I love it!

Mae Rae said...

i have boys and would love to dress them up like this. the best we get is crazy hat day and even then for them it is a baseball cap.

Martha H. said...

I've not heard of GBG, but I, too, was a Pippi fan.

BTW - I broke down and ordered a Kindle. :) Should be here today. I'm so excited.

I think Meg looks adorable all dolled up.

tammy said...

Funny, that's exactly how I dressed today, too.

Darling Meg.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great read, that's so cool that she wanted to get into charachter. It's so 2010!