Saturday, February 20, 2010

Girlfriends!

A friend gave me something with this quote...
I love it...
"I am only as strong as...
the caffeine I drink,
The hairspray I use,
& the girlfriends I choose!"
This past Friday I hosted a little girlfriend party...
Here are a few pictures before all the ladies arrived...
There was a theme and a very special purpose-
but I can't talk about it right now...
More on that a little later.
(Believe me... you'll hear plenty about it from me in a bit)
This was right by my front door...

For good fortune... chocolate always makes a better one!

My table...

Beverage Anyone?... Diet Coke and Crystal Light... Plus check out the apothecary filled with COTTON CANDY...
I had a dear friend find out about this and brought a huge jar filled with cotton candy... she rented the machine and made the cotton candy. My friends are the best!
Meggie's pink and black beach cruiser made a cute welcome parked by the front door.
Who can resist zebra balloons? NOT ME!

A close up of the swag bag... the tag has the cutest brush by the ever so talented Rhonna Farrer...

More cotton candy...
BRING IN THE SOAP BOX...
This was a party that was a HUGE deal in my life (more details later) and I am so appreciative for friends that celebrated a pretty special event with me. It meant so much to me to have people there rejoicing and happy for me. Positive energy works... so thanks... Vanessa, Courtney, Collette, Kellie, Tiffani, Sandi, Suzanne, Marla, Kim, Tonia, Kim, Angie! I missed Margie, Cindy, Tasha & Kami... next time- for sure!
The quote at the beginning of this post is the truth!
It is a good thing I drink lots of Diet Pepsi, have some serious schlack for hairspray, and have such great friends that are able to be happy for me in life's little celebrations!
p.s. I will have more pics of the babes that attended...

12 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

It looks like you had a fabulous time and WOW the decorations are pretty fabulous too!
Can hardly wait for more.

Vanessa said...

You should start your OWN party planning biz. For real.

It was so much fun. Can't wait to see the rest!

Collette said...

you did such an amazing job! not that i am one bit surprised. everything you do is fabulous, thank you for including me and letting me come and enjoy such a fun night! can't wait to see more..

margie said...

bummed i missed it! looks so Amy FAB!
can't wait to see more...
wink wink!
LOVES
m

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I'm so sad I missed it! I love the beach cruiser and the cotton candy. I would have been in heaven!

Chanda said...

Looks like a fab party. I agree with your quote. It seems backwards to me, but the OLDER I get, the more I need my friends. I thought they were important in high school. (Or maybe I'll just never grow up...)

Brandy said...

Hot Pink, Black and White my favorite colors..... Sounds like a wild party!!! Sorry I missed it...

tammy said...

I heard it was fab. I think you need to come down here and help me throw one. A friend of mine and I have been talking about doing it.

LACY said...

Amy you are so creative! I love all your decor!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful set up! I can't wait to hear more...

tiburon said...

I TOTALLY would have come.

But I wasn't invited :(

Cassie said...

How darling! I love all the little details!