Wednesday, November 3, 2010

An Attitude of Gratitude...

Because I have been given much...
Because I have been given much.. I too, must give.
One of my favorite hymns.
When I feel overwhelmed or burdened or picked on... I try to sing it in my heart.
I have a dear friend, Margie...
She introduced me to an amazing thing...
We were talking about how November just gets crammed in...
Sometimes I think that Thanksgiving is like the middle child of holidays...
stuck between the over the top fun Halloween
and the forever favorite... Christmas.
Margie told me that she does an Attitude of Gratitude journal each November.
She takes pictures, and journals and really tries to freeze time
to count all the things she is thankful for.
This year I am going to copy her and do my own Gratitude Journal.
I've taken a few pics... jotted a few things down... but more importantly,
I have decided to stop the crazy for just a few moments each day to really
think and ponder about all the really great things in my life...
I do have some amazing things in my life.
I will stop and share..
and hopefully you will take a minute or two and ponder the great things in your life too.

4 comments:

Just SO said...

I love Thanksgiving and really think that it gets the short end of the stick when it comes to holidays. I love this idea. And that picture is gorgeous.

Suzie said...

Yes. agree on all counts. I love Thanksgiving because it really is the heart that celebrates on this holiday.
I've always felt you to be a gracious person. Love that about you!

alpinekleins said...

I love the annual attitude of Gratitude journal - what a special way to celebrate the Thanksgiving season. I have a gratitude journal which I love - it's wonderful to focus for a few minutes on just the things I am thankful for!

Kristin

margie said...

grateful for you Gladdy...
kiss kiss
m