Monday, February 14, 2011

Remember me?

HI!Remember me...
I used to be the girl that liked to do fun projects...
make things...
be creative?
Remember I used to like to have fun parties...
and hang out with my friends.
I think I had a fun life.
I even had my laundry somewhat done.
Now I swear I am this person...

A mean old school marm.
Since I have gone back to school my life has changed a bit.
I am only available to play every other day...
and parties? Not so much!
The laundry? B.A.D.
My life is a little different.
I was used to High School kids...
and now
I am teaching at at Junior High level.
There are good days and bad!
Some of my students are amazing.. some are very smart...some.. not at all...some I feel so sad for... and some I am hoping get strep or better yet, Mono.
I do love being a teacher... But I was arrogant when I returned.
In my previous teaching gig.. I didn't have many classroom management problems.
Now these little naughties have me running for the hills.
Just kidding... I will stay and fight.

5 comments:

tammy said...

You are very very brave.

Vanessa said...

Hi, I'm Vanessa. Your friend you used to lunch with. Your job is seriously getting in the way of our phone calls and our meetings. And I don't like it.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

You have a tough age!!!
I hope things smooth out soon, cuz I'm missing your stuff!

mCat said...

I sat in on my 9th graders class a couple of times because of a teacher. I swore then and there that Jr High teachers DO NOT make enough money. Since when was it okay for the kids to talk the entire time even when the teacher is up front doing a discussion? I was sadly dismayed at the behavior that is allowed in the classroom.
Best of luck to you!!

magic of making up said...

I remember you, your a awesome person. I really like reading your write. Keep sharing interesting content on this site.