Thursday, January 13, 2011

Books!

Every January 1 try to make a silly little personal goal...
not necessarily a resolution, but something I can try to do for the year.
In 2009 I did a project 365.
I took a picture every day of the year and journaled about my day.
It was a pain... but I actually did it!
In January 2010 I decided I was going to try to read 52 books...or a book a week.
I am a reader, so this wasn't really moving Heaven and Earth to get it done...
just a little more effort and counting had to be done.
I did it!
Actually, I read 54 books.
A total of 21,221 pages.
This is something that is just little, and quite silly.
But I accomplished it!
My favorite book you ask?
Well... I read a lot of books and found some real gems!
But, Without a doubt... my favorite book of the year would have to be
GONE WITH THE WIND by Margaret Mitchell.
I had never read the book and only seen parts of the movie.
It was an amazing book and an okay movie.
I loved the characters!
If I were crazy enough to have another baby and it was a girl... Scarlett would be her name.
Rhett? What a man's man! Loved him too!
I especially loved the whole Southern Cultural Experience.
The history was amazing!
This is one book that everyone should read in their lifetime!
I logged all the books I read on Goodreads and have my 2010 book shelf on my sidebar.
I don't know if I will read as many books this year... it's not my 2011 goal.
I will still read quite a bit, but I'm just not worried about a number.
Do you like to read... What is the best book you read in 2010 ( or ever...)?
Do Share!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Amy!! I knew you loved us southern girls. I think I read Gone With The Wind in the 5th grade and loved it! The book is sooo much better than the movie. I read alot of good books this year, The Help, The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo, but I think my favorite was The Hunger Games Series. I got a kindle 2 years ago and I read so much more now. You need to come visit us in the South. You can always stay with me!!! :)

tammy said...

I kind of forgot that Gone With The Wind was even a book. I guess since you loved it so much, I should read it!

tiburon said...

I am not a big reader...

Is that a deal breaker?

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That is some serious reading!!!
I've never seen the movie or read the book. Now I'm ashamed!
You have motivated me.

Mindi said...

well, obviously i am a day late and a dollar short--i am just catching up on my reader and now i get why you were all, "you didn't know i read gone with the wind?"

i validate you.