Saturday, March 8, 2008

Aprons...

I love to entertain and why not look cute while entertaining? Borrowing a line from Mindi... I am going to engage in "shameless self promotion"... I wanted to share my latest little project- Aprons! My sister, Jody, wears an apron every night when she makes dinner. She loves them! I went to a store in Highland, "Dear Lizzie", and saw that they had the cutest aprons ever! My mom is a subscriber to St. George Magazine ( which I admit I love to read when I am at her house) and there was a darling article on aprons... how they aren't just for grandmas anymore and told how they are making a bold comeback. So... since last summer and fall aprons have been on my brain. I made one for my friend, Tonia, for her birthday in August ( granted I started the night before the birthday party, without knowing how I was going to do it or even really knowing how to do a ruffle... it was the hardest thing I have ever done!) and it was a huge success- she loved it! My sister was hosting "bunko" at her house and decided to make 12 aprons...one for everyone that came. She struggled, and figured, and streamlined the process and then I stepped in and gleaned her knowledge. I made several for friends for Christmas and have decided to make them for birthdays. I have only made 8 or so, but Jody's last count was like 24! YIKES...l guess it pays to know her. Anyway... these are the latest that I have made. I just wanted to throw them out into the blogging universe. I am happy the way they turned out!

9 comments:

Mindi said...

where is mine? if i had it i would wear it all the time with nothing under it as i prepare dinner and deep fry things...

Anonymous said...

!i sure hope one of these happens to be my surprise that didn't quite make it in the mail! yeah- i'm so excited! I love these, I have seen your work in person and they are amazing you should really go into business with your sister-work really close, spend a lot of time together, make millions!(or kill yourself!)

Amy said...

Mrs. Kemp
It is probably a good thing Jody and I live far apart so we can't work together... still like each other. As for the apron, you will just have to watch the mail and see!

Gretchen said...

Hey Amy! Wow it has been a long time since I have seen you! I am gald you happened upon my blog! Your kids are so darling. Where do you live now? Last I knew you were in Boise! We'll have to keep in touch through the blog world! I love the aprons! Those are so cute. Go to my friend Kristin's off of my site. She makes the cutest aprons, too. You will love them. Thanks for saying hi on my blog. Come back and visit any time! Ha!

Gretchen said...

P.S. click on the Indulge sign on the right side of her page. That is her apron web site.

kourtney said...

How strange, Kris and I were talking about making aprons yesterday. I've always been impressed with you and your aprons. So I am going to attempt to wear them and keep wearing them.

Unknown said...

hey this is Bay and i would love one of these for my b-day because i would totally use it and they are the cutest things that i have ever seen i totally adore them you are genius you could sale these and make millions:)!

Megal said...

Those aprons are awesome and very impressive!! Nice work Amy.

Elsha Gubler said...

Amy or otherwise known to me as Mrs. Dally I'm so glad you left me a comment so now I can look at your blog! Your kids are so dang cute and I love the aprons. My older sister lives up in Lehi and we always go to Dear Lizzie. We love that store!