Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Secret is Back-Pedaling...

I have laughed for days after reading all of Mindi's comments about blogging and timing the return of husbands. ( For a hilarious account we all can relate to... read this) This is an art I have prided myself in for years... and I have only been blogging for a little bit. I am somewhat of a fun seeker. I can't really remember a time when I have let fun slide by because of some boring task that needed to be done. The difficulty in this is my husband is quite tidy and likes things nice and neat. I really can't justify staying home and then expecting him to come home and take care of the house too... so I came up with the idea of "backpedaling" Backpedaling is when you play all day ( or sit at the computer and read things about people you do not know) and then hurry home an hour before your man does to "bust a move" and get all the crap you were supposed to do done. A few really nice touches are to turn on the dryer, and throw in a batch of laundry... Vacuum marks mean a day spent slaving behind the vacuum, and nobody can deny the ole' "put some Mr. Clean in the sink for a nice clean smell" trick. My friends all know that I am up for a party, but at about 3:00 in the afternoon my carriage turns into a pumpkin and I have to go get my stuff done.. or the appearance of it done. Now... I must give a disclaimer... My man is so great! It is not him that demands this... it is me. He isn't some ogre that expects me to be the 50's housewife waiting at the door with his paper and slippers...NO, but I do like to have things nice when he gets home. I just like to have fun too! Back-pedaling is means to a perfect day

4 comments:

kourtney said...

Nice. I have to try this with Andy and from the look of things...I better get my butt in gear. I can't find that article anymore, but if I happen upon it, you're the first to know.

Mindi said...

i like the term "backpedaling" i think you should copywrite it. i also think that you should let people know that caylor really IS an ogre. don't hide it any more, amy.
awesome post--see how easy it is?

kourtney said...

Okay, it's official. I have made the change. http://wearedalicious.blogspot.com

{Annie N.} said...

This we have in common. Amen to that post! Hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog links.