Friday, March 28, 2008

Viv...

Wednesday was my mom's birthday... The whole family had a huge surprise party for her, but since I had just returned home from St. George- I didn't go back. So Sad! I wanted to blog and BRAG about my mom... Viv- She is the best! Someone wondered why I call my mom by her name instead of "mom"... We always have. It is just so fitting and I think we had to get her attention by hollering "Viv" when she didn't answer to mom. Anyone who knows her loves to be around here because she is soooooo much fun. The original party girl- wherever she is... fun is to be found also. She is a great friend. She is the queen of service- sometimes to her fault! She loves to shop! Here main motto is, "You're never sick about what you bought, just what you didn't buy... you can take anything you don't like back!" It is the truth! Words of Wisdom from the Queen of shopping! Viv is the best to take on a girl's trip... she once organized a huge shopping/ theater trip to California of friends and family. It got to be so large we had to rent the Dixie College bus... we called it Treats and Travel. She laughs hard, gets yummy treats, and is just a whole bunch of fun. She is always ready for one more party, will feed ANYONE, and is loved my anyone who is around her. We have often said that we are not good for each other, for we can always go in one more store, or do one more thing. We seem to forget about time and spend a lot of money together. She is the best Grandma in the world. The kids love to go to her house to swim- lunch at the pool party consists of Pizza Factory Pizza and LOTS of popcicles. She even let my boys try out the Harry Potter jelly beans on her. She said, " Oh, Mitch that one tastes just like dirt, let me try it again!" She is warmand generous and funny and just the "best ole' gal on the block"! I love her so much and am so lucky she is my mom!

8 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Happy Birthday to Viv! Such a cute mom.

P.S. I liked how yours turned out. I might have to try picasa too. :)

the glendenning family said...

I love your mom. Hell we have had some good times. I will never forget the Treats and Travel trip. I think that we need to bring that back to life! Any takers???
Amy you are always so talented I love your Blog I want to be just like you!

Amy said...

Gretch-
You're who I want to be! Thanks for leaving a comment.

Collette said...

Blogging 2 days in a row? Your mom sounds so great, you are so lucky! Love the pic of you and Caylor, I think you had bigger hair than me!!

kourtney said...

I'm right there with you on calling your mom by her first name...Lynne is all she answers too! Happy Birthday to Viv!

Mindi said...

hey, look at that--a new friend left you a comment!! you are winning friends and influencing people already.
how many times have i said i want a viv in my life. i have always loved the "you'll never regret what you did buy, only what you didn't" motto and live by it religiously. VIVA VIV!!
ps take out those damn word verifications love you

Anonymous said...

I'm a Viv fan too! She is so fun! Tell her happy birthday for me. I hope some day my girls will love me as an adult like you adore your mom! Your Blog is the best. Wow, I've just typed on the computer I thought it was just for shopping! Happy b-day from Mike too! Love ya Tonia

The Patrona said...

Do you think we could get some unicorns dancing to Air Supply with that picture of you and your man at Dixie College? I think that would be lovely. Or maybe we should just start calling you guys Zack and Lisa.