Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sweet Sixteen?

Am I 16 today? I just wondered because I just met Holly from TheSaratogaFam for lunch and to give her the apron she won on my blog & I was as nervous all morning... it was as if I were going on my first date at 16. I was worried... I wanted to look cute and make a good first impression... HOW LAME AM I? I can proudly announce that I am part of the 21st century... I met someone online and met them in person. I was so happy she is really as darling in real life as she is on her blog and not some scary predator that was going to nab me from Cheesecake Factory. Collette and I both went and had such a good time. It was funny... we just met and sat down and then were like old friends. The blog made it so we didn't have to get to know each other. We even fessed up to what confession was ours on Mindi's Confession Booth within the first 5 minutes of meeting.( I could tell you what we both said, but then I would have to kill you and that might get messy) When she contacted me with her info to send her the apron she won, we decided to just meet instead. It was such a fun time. I think I talked both of their heads off.... Collette has known me for a long time and she is still around so I hope I didn't scare Holly of so soon. This is a photo of Holly and I... I look twice her size, but I didn't eat her or anything! I am a gentle giant!

13 comments:

Mindi said...

oh, you two cute little gals. i'm so glad your first date went well....i know how nervous you were. you both looked adorable and i am glad to hear that she is soooooo cute enough to be our friend ;)

i'd do both of you.

Holly H. said...

I seriously had sooo much fun today! You and Collette are the cutest! And I LOVE my apron! I'm installing a hook on my kitchen wall to hang it on for all to see! Thanks SO MUCH! I'm truly glad we met and hope we can hang out lots more in the future. And as for Mindi, we might have to butt in on your John Mayer concert so I can meet you too! Amy makes you out to be the wittiest and coolest chick ever... which I'm sure is all true. :) Love ya Amy - talk soon!

Holly H. said...

Oh and thanks for keeping the confession stuff to yourself. (he he)

Anonymous said...

You talk their heads off, no way!! Love the confession write up and the killing, you got a good laugh outta me! As for being 16 again you totally crack me up! I wish that would have been me on a date with you getting that damn cute apron!

tiburon said...

Ohhh I am SOOOO Jealous!!!! I wish I would have known. Cheesecake Fatory is 5 minutes from my house - I totally would have crashed that party!

Next time....

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

So fun! What a great idea. You two both look darling! I say we all plan to meet sometime soon, I would love that! I need to hope on over to Holly and say Hi!

Collette said...

Lunch was so fun! Thanks for letting me tag along!!! I am glad we could figure out a time we could all go, with my grandmas birthday and me picking up my kids and this and that-oh I am just sooo busy!! I am glad I could squeeze you in-ha ha!! And you really didn't talk THAT much---maybe next time I could say something though?!

Devri said...

Bla bla bla- I know all that you kids could think about was me me me.. maybe next time give me an invite, so I can get out without my children for once in my life...seriously playdate for the bloggies, sounds fun and glad you guys had a ball..

tammy said...

I seriously feel like I'm on a first date when I meet fellow bloggers for the first time! Good thing I live so far away so we can be spared the nervousness of you delivering my apron in person. (and for some reason Lupilot thinks I will be wearing it with heels and a feather duster??)

kourtney said...

Wow, you're making new old friends that you can sit down and chat away with, and I am seriously making old friends and sitting down and chatting with them. I would love to win an apron, or just have you make one for me. Love your FAV sis n law on your hubby's side. I can't compete with Mindi.

Anonymous said...

I'm still confused as to why this felt like your first date when you were 16? Was Caylor not your first love? Was the girl on your first date cute?

Anonymous said...

You two are little hotties, glad you had fun!

Mia said...

I want to meet some of my blogging buddies some day. Sounds like so much fun!