Tuesday, June 24, 2008

This is the life...



I hardly know what to do with myself. Yes, I said myself and not the three little minions I am usually rang-tanging. I stow-awayed with my man to a business conference and while he is in meetings today I am left to my own devices at a resort in San Diego.... HMMMMM what to do? What to do? I think I will first go get a pedicure ( without my kids calling every 30 seconds to see when I am coming home), then go to the ADULT ONLY pool and NOT listen to my kids fight, then I will go back to my room and watch a movie, before getting ready to go out on the town with my man! This is a great day. I really do love my kids and I don't always want to live the selfish life- obeying only my desires...but for a few days I will gladly take it. I am glad that my little loveys are partying like rockstars and having the time of their lives with cousins- NOT HERE.. .( and for anyone creepy... the same body-guard, ex pro- wrestler, ninja, crazy protector is staying at my house)! I think this will be a good day... Why have I called my kids twice already this morning and worried that they are having a good time and hoping everything goes great? I guess habits are hard to break... but I am going to bust my butt to have a good time. I am outta here...gotta go pamper myself!


17 comments:

Mindi said...

i don't know why you would have already called twice. we never called them when we were in hawaii, because they called us every 2 hours.

this kind of trip you are on is one of my favorite kinds. i actaully really like the "alone" time--funny, huh?

live it up, sista

Anonymous said...

You little bugger you!! I am soooo jealous!! Please, for the love of peter paul and mary STOP worrying about your freakin kids! They are fine I'm sure! Live a little and have fun doing it!!

Anonymous said...

When I talked to you yesterday I have to admit I was a bit jealous. My trip to Vegas with Liv and the dance team wasn't the same relaxing trip that you are on!
Have fun and enjoy your alone time!!!

Michael said...

You do need to just enjoy it. Tonia and I went to the sonic last night by ourselves and it was fantastic. It's times like that I will always remember.
Caylor looked a little low on air last time I saw him!! You should help him out.

tammy said...

Sounds heavenly! I love trips like that, and unfortunately we don't do them enough. Kind of hard to get Luvpilot to fly anywhere on his days off....not sure why...

{And Michael is cracking me up.}

Jenn C said...

Ok, I'm really late on the apron contest that I was told about on Laura Smartt's blog, but I thought I'd say hi anyway. That was a great idea by the way! I'd also love to meet some new bloggers, so check out my blog and leave a comment when you get a chance!

My husband and I are going to Panama City Beach in August-by ourselves-and I can't wait! Enjoy it while you can, the kids will be around forever!

Mia said...

Woo hoo! Enjoy every minute of you fabulous vacation. You will be back with your sweet lil ones soon enough.

Andrea W. said...

Sounds so fabulous, Amy. I'm fairly extroverted, but one of my favorite things in the whole world now is ALONE time.

samiam said...

Oh you Lucky Duck! Enjoy the freedom while you can!

Anonymous said...

believe it or not i am having a little alone time right now-kids are gone, my man is gone, and what am i doing?! reading about you fabulous vaca-that is truly a vacation not just a trip. live it up sista it doesn't last long then it's back to reality and reality bites! Have a great time for me, i could have been the "niece"!

Devri said...

I say, if there not dying ,there ok, and I am jelous. very jelous, please I need a favor, check out my blog for the details..need all the famous bloggers to pitch in ... you'll be rewarded promise...

Holly H. said...

Oh that looks so nice! Good for you! I hope you have a GREAT TIME! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, green with envy! Those are awesome moments and are so worth it. Enjoy and like Mindi said live it up, because the minute you get home everything will be back to business as usual! ;)

tiburon said...

How jealous am I!?! Have a great time!!

Anonymous said...

I can't beleive you were in So-Cal while I was in Idaho. You are a crazy blogger. That's what I love about you!! I have a blog but I am not really very good at it. I can't even remember what I named it. I know I opened it with "Shut-up, Malisa started a blog." It's something like funinthesun.searle.blogspot, maybe you can teach me to be the best blogger ever. I will be coming thru on the 4th again and then on the 24th. Will you be around.
Love your guts, Malisa p.s. My birthday is July 13th and I really love your aprons, hee, hee..

kourtney said...

Go enjoy yourself! Don't worry about me!

The Patrona said...

You call your kids to remind yourself you're on vacation. When you take your children with you, you are on a trip. Something that requires a vacation do get over. A vacation, is when you are by yourself, or with your man. That is when, and only when, you can truly relax. So in the meanwhile, you just have to call home just remind yourself, that yes, you are in fact, on vacation.